RS4 b7 vs b9

Started by ianorman, December 04, 2019, 10:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianorman

Has anyone upgraded from a b7 to a new b9 rs4? I know I?ll miss the noise of the v8 in the b7, but does the newer b9 have a similar uniqueness or character which sets it apart. Speed is speed and feel it?s a bit wasted on NZ roads... kinda feel like I might regret selling the b7
B7 RS4 Avant

GLIDN

to be fair, the B9 has some pretty amazing noises itself. Much nicer to drive. Much quicker and uses less fuel in the grand scheme.

So it really depends if you want to make the change or even like the B9. As it's all subjective in the end of the day.
Just be cause I like the B9, does not mean you would.

take one for a drive and make your own conclusion in the end.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

le mans

In that price range C7 RS6 could also be worth considering?

schattenblau

V8 bi-turbo
+ sports exhaust, dynamic mode
end of story

;D

beeker

Love my rs6, a slight porker around corners with air, but it?s a brutt of out right power that makes up for that.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

ianorman

I get it, the rs6 is awesome but a different beast. I would cross shop a rs6 with a hellcat jeep. But having a b7 rs4 and a hellcat Jeep literally draining the world of oil. Rs6 is really a one garage but I kinda need a truck too but the b7 has character.
B7 RS4 Avant

schattenblau

keep your b7 and buy a truck.

forget anything from FCA...

:laugh:

Stickman

I personally feel that the B7 is a very special car. My garage queen is the B7 RS4, the C7 RS6 is my daily. Somehow, the B7 just feels more special to me...has that staunch, hunkered down look and character that I personally feel all of the RS4's since are missing.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4