RCD330g Reverse camera fault

Started by mark2 golf, December 06, 2019, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark2 golf

Hi Guys.
I have just put a rcd330g in my mk6 gti with the reversing camera kit.
I cant get signal for the camera. It says no signal available on the screen.
It only has a single rca to the camera the convert it to the blue plug at the radio.
I check the coding and the camera is selected.
The camera lights come on and the screen changes when revers is selected, just no picture.
What am I missing?
Cheers Mark
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

McDoof

The screen changes due to a signal from the Canbus, so it does not actually need a physical camera installed.
When I was looking at these, the Aliexpress sellers were selling specific cameras with the unit. Saying that only certain cameras work with the factory RCD330. Maybe there is a signal converter you can get.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

mark2 golf

Yea I orders the camera kit with the radio
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

McDoof

Maybe a faulty camera then?
What are you using to power the camera? I found  in my golf that VW does not push 12v to the rear cluster lights, so had to tap into the rear cigarette lighter feed and used a relay triggered from the reverse light to trigger the power. The 10.something volts from the reverse light are not enough to run the camera properly.

In my passat, I just used the power line that is with the RCA cable and tapped that into the ACC power line by the radio. So my camera is powered all the time when the car is running. Although if you have have LED lights on your cameras then that might not be such a great plan.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

mark2 golf

it comes with a timer unit that takes a acc feed with the RCA and switchs it from the reverse light signal
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti