UrS4 on trademe

Started by Duncan, December 09, 2019, 11:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

Hey folks,

Just a heads-up, my 93 UrS4 is up on trademe.
Not in great nick, and really just giving people a chance to grab the whole car rather than just take it to the wreckers.

Sold as-is. No Wof, rego on hold. Inspection recommended.
Most details should be up on trademe, happy to answer any questions, add photos etc.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2435019297

Cheers
Duncan

89 Coupe

Hi there Duncan,

Very very interested on this one for my 80 avant project, would this suit engine, gearbox transpant she a good runner?
How long have you had it and what can you tell me about maintenance history?

Really missing that 5 cylinder growl since I sold my 96 S6 :(

Regards
Andre
1991 BMW E34 535i | 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 | 1993 Nissan Skyline R33 Coupe | 1989 Audi Coupe Quattro | 1996 Audi UrS6 | 1994 BMW E34 540i Touring | 1995 Audi 80 Quattro Avant | 1993 Audi UrS4 Avant | 1999 Audi S4 | 2009 Audi S8 | 1995 Toyota Cresta JZX90

Pristle

Sounds like a match to me.

Duncan

Hi Andre,

Have had the car for around 10 years.
Serviced myself, and kept oil, filters etc up to date.

Had no major issues while I was driving it, but since sitting, I have had an intermittent gear selection sensor fault pop up a couple of times.
Looked into it a bit, and doesn't look too major, may just need to clean up the wires.
Resets fine with a VAG tool, and hasn't popped up last few times I've driven.

She smokes a bit and has a slow coolant leak.
I think the coolant is from the secondary radiator. Due to this leak, she currently only has water in the radiator, rather than coolant.
Something to be aware of.

Runs well, gearbox shifts nicely, rear diff lock works fine.

Got a bunch of older VEMS engine management stuff too if you're interested. Got it back when I had a Coupe Quattro, and wanted more power. Never got around to fitting it though...

All in all she's a bit rough and neglected, and would recommend checking her out yourself if you're interested.

Duncan

89 Coupe

Thanks for your reply Duncan,

Unfortunately I won't be able to view as I'm not from Auckland however if I were to win the auction would you mind if I arranged a car transport company to collect from your place?

Is there anything else you would be able to tell me that you might think be useful.. say how many kms you've clocked up in her over your ownership, any big trips that you've been on, has there been any replacement of components or parts that have been upgraded from factory? Assuming it's due for a cambelt no doubt.

Cheers
1991 BMW E34 535i | 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 | 1993 Nissan Skyline R33 Coupe | 1989 Audi Coupe Quattro | 1996 Audi UrS6 | 1994 BMW E34 540i Touring | 1995 Audi 80 Quattro Avant | 1993 Audi UrS4 Avant | 1999 Audi S4 | 2009 Audi S8 | 1995 Toyota Cresta JZX90