Author Topic: Saving A Full Spec 3 Door VR  (Read 16557 times)

Offline the phantom

• ##
Re: Saving A Full Spec 3 Door VR
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2020, 08:56:18 pm »
Haha yup! I hope it was well looked after when you took ownership. MK4 R32's will soon be cheaper than they already are!

sadly the subsequent owner had a series of cooling and starter motor issues and it was wrecked by Platinum
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

Offline LouieP

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2020, 05:27:36 pm »
Time to sort the tunes out...Hope everyone is all well and okay? As much as i love the look of the OG Blaupunkt HU and how period correct it makes the car look, it is pretty useless. The screen is partially dead and some buttons don't work. I did not throw it away and it will eventually get sold with the car. Some of you are probably wondering why the heck would you put a radio in when you could listen to that VR noise  ::) >:D

Pulled the unit to find what i love the most about NZ New cars, ISO harness! :laugh:. The head unit i was using came out of my previous mk4 and at the time i purchased an ISO to Kenwood adapter so easy peasy. I realised i needed one of these antenna adapters for euro cars so one was purchased online and it was posted out to me.

Harness hooked up and all ready to go back in

I removed the glovebox to route the microphone for the HU neatly through the car for an OEM fitment.

Fitted and working great. A modern touch to an older car. Bluetooth to connect to spotify and also built in hands free which is all we need nowadays

I quickly learnt how crap the factory speakers are...I guess that's one more thing to add to the list and maybe a sub in the boot.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:22:39 pm by LouieP »
2014 MK7 Golf GTI - Pure White
1996 MK3 Golf VR6 - Black Magic Pearl

Offline liv

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2020, 02:00:08 pm »
great find and love the work you're getting on in restoring this classic.  Growing up in KZN, this was also one of the cars I dreamed of owning one day, alas not gotten around to ticking that bucket list item off yet.  looking forward to the updates.

Offline superfueler

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2020, 11:35:31 am »
Any new updates on this beauty??  :D
Current: 2004 Golf mk4 R32 black, 2010 Audi A4 2.7 TDI silver.
Past: 2009 Audi S3 white, 2004 Audi A4 B6 1.8T blue, 99 Golf mk4 GTI black, 2005 Audi A4 B7 2.0T black.

Offline LouieP

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2020, 02:51:08 pm »
Any new updates on this beauty??  :D
Haha there is some, I just need some time to upload photos :P. Here is a photo next to her full spec'd grand kid (sunroof + buckets)

2014 MK7 Golf GTI - Pure White
1996 MK3 Golf VR6 - Black Magic Pearl