Author Topic: Advice and Help Please.......  (Read 383 times)

Offline Stevie.P

Advice and Help Please.......
« on: January 01, 2020, 08:05:29 pm »
Hello all,
Im new to the site and looking for some advice and information please.

Having had Impreza's for the last 15yrs as i am getting older im looking to go down the Audi route but not too sure which one.

I have narrowed it down some what to either a RS4 , S4 or RS6, S6 im just wondering whats the difference between them all. Any information and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks all for your help with this matter.

Kind Regards.

Steve.

Offline Whero

Re: Advice and Help Please.......
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 07:26:46 pm »
Hey Steve,

As far as Japanese cars go Subaru make great, sturdy, vehicles. But The Audi build quality will put a smile on your face every time you get in and start it up!

Are you looking for an auto transmission or a manual?

Personally I like to be in control of the gears and can't see myself selling the RS4 B7 I have owned for the last 6 years.
She's a bit smaller then the RS6. Good for around the city during the week, and great on the open roads on the weekends.

Only hitch with a used RS4 is making sure it receives a carbon clean +100km (the v8's gather a fair bit of gunk above the valves) and the break discs also need replacing almost as often (costs 1-2K a corner).

Maybe try you local used sales yard for some test drives to start your 2020.

Offline Stevie.P

Re: Advice and Help Please.......
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 08:32:52 pm »
Hey Whero,

Thanks for your advice/ information,

I love the idea manual being able to change when you want to in the RS4 but not sure how good the paddle/tiptronic shift is in the S4. I have only ever had manual gears in all my cars in the past.

The car will mostly be used for occiassional driving to work and days off to be driven a good run out and about.

Yes my intention is to test drive a few as im in no hurry to part with my cash until i have found the right one for me.

Roughly how much does a carbon clean cost and what does it clean...??

Are the V6 better than the V8..?

I look and the massive price difference between RS4 -S4 and the same with the RS6 -S6 is the power pertty much the same or is there much difference else where......??

Sorry my apologies for all the questions but thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Regards

Stevie.P