Audi A4 brake pads

Started by superfueler, January 03, 2020, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfueler

Hi all,

Anyone know where i can get rear brake pads for my A4 2.7TDI, part number 8K0698451B at a reasonable price? Searching on the net i could only find 2 places which quoted me upwards of $130.  :-\

Help would be appreciated thanks.  :)
Current: 2010 Audi A4 2.7 TDI silver, 2007 Audi A4 2.0T DTM sprint blue, 2007 VW Golf V 2.0 TDI BKD 4motion manual white.
Past: 2004 Golf R32 black pearlescent, 2009 Audi S3 white, 2004 Audi A4 B6 1.8T blue, 99 Golf mk4 GTI black, 2005 Audi A4 B7 2.0T black.

Gordo

Don't know if it is going to be an issue for you, but sister's A4 wagon had worn it's rear discs well under the minimun thickness, to the point they were failed for a WoF, even though the original pads still had plenty of material left on them - it'd pay to give them a good check-over and decide if they'll last through another set of pads?
Can't say if it applies to your version of the A4, but the car had, IIRC, 4 different rear discs (diameter and/or thickness) and 3 different pads listed for it. I got the discs and pads from REPCO - but I also get a substantial discount, so 'best' price for you may lie elsewhere - just make sure you know what version the disc and pads are.
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)