Need help wiring aftermarket stereo - Done!

Started by nzsims, January 18, 2016, 09:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveb7

I got there in the end. Sometimes I just need to stop, calm down and take it slowly. It also helped doing a vast amount of googling to see how the mechanism I was trying to release actually works.

Here is a video of the mechanism in action.

https://vimeo.com/170338415

Anyway got the thing out and scared myself half to death with the numbers of bundles of wires and small metal boxes behind it!

I'll get a pro to put the new one in. I'm still looking for a recommendation for a installer in Wellington. A company or someone looking for a cashie is fine.

I've got one of these units to install...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1095285407

Jaydenfromhamilton

Ive just brought a 2007 A4 wagon and have brought a new headunit for it, it is the same as NZSIMS the Clarion one with all the metal boxes in the back. I can seem to find pos/neg and remote to key? they speaker wires are just as per normal colours. I rung trends car audio here in hamilton and they told me they would have to put a canbus unit in and it would be a couple of hundred dollars and then to install the unit on top of that. Any healp would be much appreciated.

I will post photos after work. 

Cheers Jayden
93' Corrado 2.0L 16V

GLIDN

Quote from: Jaydenfromhamilton on October 19, 2016, 12:44:08 PM
Ive just brought a 2007 A4 wagon and have brought a new headunit for it, it is the same as NZSIMS the Clarion one with all the metal boxes in the back. I can seem to find pos/neg and remote to key? they speaker wires are just as per normal colours. I rung trends car audio here in hamilton and they told me they would have to put a canbus unit in and it would be a couple of hundred dollars and then to install the unit on top of that. Any healp would be much appreciated.

I will post photos after work. 

Cheers Jayden

To have it working properly, a canbus translator is required.
You can however, wire your ACC directly to the fuse board on the right hand side of the dash.
Every second row is usually the switched voltage. But always measure first.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Jaydenfromhamilton

Thanks for your reply, I think this is starting to get out of my league its not as simples as I thought it was going to be. There are 3 boxes in the back. one has all the speaker wires coming off it and the black and yellow in my hand was what I was hoping to ben pos and neg. Im not sure how to wire to  fuse board.
93' Corrado 2.0L 16V

GLIDN

Dondbg

Hello Guys.
I got A4 B7 with after market headunit. I want to retro fit a multifunction steering wheel. Anyone have done it ? Any tips ?
So far I know that I need a new wiring loom and from searching online I learned that if my steering control module is ending with R which it should be as I got cruise control then it should direct swap.
No my question is : how I can get it to work with the head unit , the current canbus translator which is the clarion ( I repurposed it ) doesn't have an steering wheel lead.
Is there a way ?

Thanks heaps.

GLIDN

Only way to do this. Will be to get another canbus translator specific for steering wheel.

Look into a PAC model.

Dondbg

Thanks mate. PAC SW-CP2 should do. I ordered it -  let's see.  :laugh:

pmail5

Tried removing this to install a new unit too, and the wirings didn't fit.
Decided to put this one back in, but have 1 problem now

these 4 wires that go into those 4 sockets... dont know in which order do they go in  :o
the white, yellow, blue and green one

if any suggestions out there...