What is wrong with people thse days??

Started by 80 Vert, February 15, 2020, 03:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

80 Vert

Sitting there having some lunch and hear a crunch which makes me look outside only to see some f%$#er reversed in to the back of my car.
Made moves to drive off so I race out and shout at him which makes him stop, got his details etc but would otherwise just have driven off.
Is it just me or is society on a whole getting worse?
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

LouieP

Good thing you ran out! I had my Mk7 sidewiped while i was at work on Wednesday, no note left of course. This is fairly common now especially with door dings. Which car was this?
NZ New MK3 Golf VR6 3 Door

Gordo

Was he even insured?
people everywhere are getting more and more reluctant to actually take responsability or the blame for their own mistakes - I blame the mollycoddling that started to come in in the seventies - before that it was unduely harsh, but they went too far.
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

beeker

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

80 Vert

Quote from: Gordo on February 16, 2020, 02:58:28 AM
Was he even insured?
people everywhere are getting more and more reluctant to actually take responsability or the blame for their own mistakes - I blame the mollycoddling that started to come in in the seventies - before that it was unduely harsh, but they went too far.

Yes!!! My thoughts for many many years.
Says he has insurance but who knows if his details are true. I'll find out.
Pretty upsetting to have my R for a week and damaged already.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

JaseNZ

Quote from: 80 Vert on February 16, 2020, 11:11:38 AM
Yes!!! My thoughts for many many years.
Says he has insurance but who knows if his details are true. I'll find out.
Pretty upsetting to have my R for a week and damaged already.

Parked my R away from all other car's while we were doing groceries came back to find somebody had backed into right rear then decided to get out and kick in side left mirror , Seeing it was two different sides must have been deliberate. Made claim and they said two seperate events and wanted me to pay 2 x excess's , Paid for mirror myself.
3 weeks ago sitting at lights with wife and lady in front reversed instead of going forward and smacked into front of car, Tow bar punched hole in bumper. Again make a claim but all picked up by her insurance.
Car goes into have new bumpers front and rear on the 24th.   
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

Pristle

I feel your pain John. Been there.

I had damage done to left and right rear quarters on separate occasions by anonymous. Ended up getting it all fixed after someone sideswiped the right quarter in peak hour traffic and the p/beater took pity on me.

Anonymous did the front right guard too. I came out the doctors rooms one day and it was there. We reckon it was a ute or truck, as the damage is weird. Scrape on the bumper and then the scratch/dents near the top. Headlight and indicator fine. Like Jase's experience, State want me to file the bumper and the fender as two separate incidents/claims. Yeah right.

JaseNZ

Quote from: Pristle on February 17, 2020, 06:26:04 PM
I feel your pain John. Been there.

I had damage done to left and right rear quarters on separate occasions by anonymous. Ended up getting it all fixed after someone sideswiped the right quarter in peak hour traffic and the p/beater took pity on me.

Anonymous did the front right guard too. I came out the doctors rooms one day and it was there. We reckon it was a ute or truck, as the damage is weird. Scrape on the bumper and then the scratch/dents near the top. Headlight and indicator fine. Like Jase's experience, State want me to file the bumper and the fender as two separate incidents/claims. Yeah right.

Yeah mine was state as well.
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

McDoof

All insurance companies will do that. Unless they are part of the same incident, it will always be a separate claim. Otherwise people would be claiming a full respray on their cars for damage caused by different events over a number of years.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red