mk4 R32 exaust de-cat questions.

Started by superfueler, February 18, 2020, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naekyr

Quote from: Gordo on February 26, 2020, 08:24:16 AM
So you're claiming no-one in the last ten years legally, under the legislation then in place, removed the cat' on their vehicle...
Yeah, right...

Many have, many vehicles that go through tuning companies and performance modification companies end up with sport or no cats that may fail emissions testing if we had one.

As soon as they make the law so restrictive that every petrol car sounds like a vacuum cleaner that's the day I will switch over to Electric.

McDoof

Quote from: Gordo on February 26, 2020, 08:24:16 AM
So you're claiming no-one in the last ten years legally, under the legislation then in place, removed the cat' on their vehicle...
Yeah, right...
What I am saying is that if your car was first registered in NZ after May 2010 and you have had your cats removed, you may end up having to put them back in and pass and emissions test, if someone at WoF time decides to enforce the law. However, if your car was registered in NZ prior to this date, then they have no way to prove when the modification was done and therefore the law is not enforceable.
I think a lot of people have just taken a chance on it and removed cats anyway, hoping not to get busted.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

superfueler

Thanks for all the input guys, i think i'll keep it stock for a while longer. Has a good exhaust note even with factory exhaust.
Cheers.
Current: 2010 Audi A4 2.7 TDI silver, 2007 Audi A4 2.0T DTM sprint blue, 2007 VW Golf V 2.0 TDI BKD 4motion manual white.
Past: 2004 Golf R32 black pearlescent, 2009 Audi S3 white, 2004 Audi A4 B6 1.8T blue, 99 Golf mk4 GTI black, 2005 Audi A4 B7 2.0T black.

johnp

Quote from: McDoof on February 26, 2020, 03:43:30 PM
What I am saying is that if your car was first registered in NZ after May 2010 and you have had your cats removed, you may end up having to put them back in and pass and emissions test, if someone at WoF time decides to enforce the law. However, if your car was registered in NZ prior to this date, then they have no way to prove when the modification was done and therefore the law is not enforceable.
I think a lot of people have just taken a chance on it and removed cats anyway, hoping not to get busted.

I personally like the sound of my vacuum.
Take the bag out, put a hole in the hose!
Awesome sound.
Never mind all the dust (read pollutants) end up throughout my house! (read atmosphere).
As long as it sounds good.