GOLF MK5 R32 Electric Noise on Start Up

Started by silence1st, February 19, 2020, 10:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silence1st

Hi Guys

I am getting this sound when i tun on my car just before the car starts you can hear a buzzing/ electric sounds coming from the dashboard.
Sometimes it does this for longer and then starts and other times it doesn't happen at all. I was wondering if other people  have seen this problem?

Worms

Depends on the sounds.

Could be HVAC flaps etc moving, or if it's sounds not right... trying to move...

Also, the throttle body motor doing it's alignment dance. It's normal. It almost makes a squeal. You can hear it directly after shutdown too.

silence1st

i wish i could Upload the video i took, its very hard to describe the noise, but almost the same as to what a dying battery would sound like, however the car starts, so its not the battery..

The Red Warrior

So you mean that tick tick tick sound that you can get when a battery is almost completely flat? If so, then I?d be inclined to agree with Worms about it being one of the HVAC motors ?trying? to move

elfadog

If your talking about when you open the door, and turn the key to on. That?s your fuel pump priming  :)

Naekyr

Quote from: elfadog on March 06, 2020, 06:31:35 AM
If your talking about when you open the door, and turn the key to on. That?s your fuel pump priming  :)

I hear this noise sometimes after turning the car off, it worried me at first. The headlights also make a noise after turning the ignition on while they auto level adjust.