Author Topic: 1985 MK2 Golf CL Build Thread  (Read 706 times)

Offline mk2mitch

1985 MK2 Golf CL Build Thread
« on: March 25, 2020, 08:31:42 pm »
I've always wanted to start a build thread and breathe some life back into Vask. What better time than when with a new to me car while we're all on lockdown! I've been on the hunt for a 2 door, non-sunroof base model for years to do something crazy with and this one sort of fell into my possession when a mate decided to swap it for a GTI.

I've technically owned this car for a few months now and finally managed to pick it up just before we all got stuck inside. It's a 1985 Golf CL in mars red. It's a bit rough around the edges but the body is straight and it seems to be relatively rust free!

I didn't manage to time the rain right and got soaked loading it onto the trailer

I've already got too many cars at my flat so for now, it's going to be stored at a mates place. Unfortunately, because we're on lockdown, I'm not going to be able to start on it until we can venture out of the house so this is where she will sit for the foreseeable future.

I've spent the last few months stockpiling parts so it's a bit of a shame I can't go crack into it just yet... All will be revealed in time.
- Golf MK2 GTI
- Golf MK3 GLI
- Golf MK2 CL

Offline brian

• ##
Re: 1985 MK2 Golf CL Build Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 02:01:44 pm »
Great, a new build thread..........even if we will have to wait a while due to current situation
V̶W̶ ̶P̶o̶l̶o̶ ̶1̶.̶6̶  Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI

Offline LouieP

Re: 1985 MK2 Golf CL Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 04:24:08 pm »
Nice one! You're only isolated from people ;)