Mib 1 to mib2.5 retrofit kit coding and fitment required

Started by KsDub, June 30, 2020, 08:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KsDub

Hi fellow Vdubbers,

So I purchased a retrofit kit for my mk7 golf r but unfortunately I'm unable to get in contact with the company  to install and code it up for me as stated in the purchase  .

Does anyone know how to do the coding for this and help with the fitment . Would really be stoked to see this installed since it's been sitting for a few months now .

Cheers

80 Vert

It's my understanding that it needs to be coded on line with a connection to servers at VW. Those units have component protection on them meaning you can't use them in another vehicle till that's removed.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

coons

Checkout APG in Poland - https://www.apg.org.pl

Where did you buy your kit/how much was it? Interested to hear how it goes. I just bought a plug in box to retrofit CarPlay into an MIB1 setup which I'll install this weekend. But MIB2 upgrade was the other option I looked at - expensive however.

JaseNZ

I got mine done by @Alittletuningco  , they should be doing the install for you as they connect overseas to do the coding.

Hopefully they see this post and sort you out.
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

KsDub

Thanks Coons. I got my kit from a company here , a little tuning co and set me back a few grand . It's a bit of money and nearly a year of waiting .

@80 Vert - I'm hoping cp protection was removed

Thanks Jase

Alittletuningco

Its totally coded to the car already - just needs to be plugged in and everything is ready to go.