best tyres for a Golf TSI

Started by MK2000, July 17, 2020, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK2000

my current tyres are goodyear vector 4 seasons

would you say these are the best fit for the car or should I have them replaced.

Trofeo

Where do you live? Unless you're coming across snow on the roads on a regular basis I'd be opting for a summer tyre.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

le mans

Pirelli P7 is a very nice all round tyre and good value. If you want max performance something like Michelin PS4. Your current tyres are probably fine though?

MK2000

Quote from: Trofeo on July 18, 2020, 07:11:44 PM
Where do you live? Unless you're coming across snow on the roads on a regular basis I'd be opting for a summer tyre.

In Dunedin atm, i lost traction the other day as I was going around an icy corner. It was a first and I was quite lucky

MK2000

Quote from: le mans on July 18, 2020, 08:34:19 PM
Pirelli P7 is a very nice all round tyre and good value. If you want max performance something like Michelin PS4. Your current tyres are probably fine though?

thank you for the suggestions. they're winter tyres as was explained to me so I will probably have to swap them out eventually.

the phantom

Quote from: le mans on July 18, 2020, 08:34:19 PM

PS4s rate very highly for wet cornering and braking, which is why I have them
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

Pristle

NOT OPTILIFE!!!

The car came with them fitted. One has to be overly cautious the moment there's a little moisture on the road.

MK2000

Quote from: Pristle on July 19, 2020, 12:53:29 PM
NOT OPTILIFE!!!

The car came with them fitted. One has to be overly cautious the moment there's a little moisture on the road.

good to know. I'll avoid that one

schattenblau

tyre size ?

driving style ?

budget ?

MK2000

Quote from: schattenblau on July 20, 2020, 07:05:51 PM
tyre size ?

driving style ?

budget ?

tyre size: 17"

budget: 200-400

driving style: inner city, highway (actually quite a bit of it and more on the aggressive side of things)

MK2000

Quote from: schattenblau on July 20, 2020, 07:05:51 PM
tyre size ?

driving style ?

budget ?

Any recommendations. I'm going for the PS4