MMI issue 2006 AUDI A6 V8

Started by GMAN, July 17, 2020, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMAN

Can anyone help with ideas on getting my blank screen going? Fuses are good, screen is good, control board is good. I have loop tested the CD and MD units in the glove box and the modules in the boot. It is really starting to piss me off and just got back from SD European who, whilst excellent are expensive to spend the time it could take to fix something that could take a long time to find.

Also has anyone carbon cleaned their intake (by removing the intake and blasting or scrapping)? Would be interested to know the difference it made once completed.

portmanteau

Jap-import or otherwise?

Navigation fitted? Running yes/no?

Radio running yes/no?

What do you mean by "control board" and how have you checked it?

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

GMAN

Jap import

Navigation module changed to EUR with NZ disc (assume is working but can't tell without screen)

Radio is NZ and works fine

Control board lights up but interestingly does not go off radio if I select something else.

Control board under the console/armrest

portmanteau

Quote from: GMAN on July 18, 2020, 03:49:39 AM
Jap import

Navigation module changed to EUR with NZ disc (assume is working but can't tell without screen)

Radio is NZ and works fine

Control board lights up but interestingly does not go off radio if I select something else.

Control board under the console/armrest

were you messing with "changing to Euro" immediately prior to losing the display, or had that been done some time ago and this display problem has occurred more recently?

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

GMAN

It did work for a short while before I started changing modules but has never worked since making the changes

portmanteau

Did you attempt to change the main system controller country setting using software update discs?

GMAN

The guy I purchased them from had updated the navigation and radio modules with the latest firmware. Have now loop tested those modules along with the two behind the glove box and the CD and MD modules. I guess I need to check the comfort module under the passenger foot well. What other modules are in the loop?