Author Topic: Trade me quattros  (Read 1998 times)

Offline wolfgang

Trade me quattros
« on: July 20, 2020, 07:46:06 pm »
Some interesting cars appear on trademe recently.
Apart from the ur quattro in Nelson a coupe quattro turned up from Wellington today.
I am usually pretty good spotting these cars but I have never seen that coupe around the region.

Maybe of interest to someone and it would be nice to see more of them cruising around over summer.
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

Offline RobClubley

• ###
  • Incessant car tinkerer
Re: Trade me quattros
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 07:52:09 pm »
That is pretty cool, and very rare!
1985 ur quattro
2011 Mercedes C200 Wagon

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 11:43:19 pm »
looks pretty straight, low ish kms....weird that its running the single exhaust tip, it should be a twin. the front right headlight is toast and maybe wouldn't pass WOF.....looks worse than any of my spares.....paint looks pretty good. interior is ok, wonder whats under the seats. that shifter is weird....not being a dick, i am happy to see this in the wild....nz new too. really interested to see what this goes for. Deans left hook rally prepped Malcolm Stewart one went off to aussie a year or so back for 6 and change or maybe 7k? i can't quite remember exactly but i remember thinking it was a steal.....no rear badge on this green one either.....looks super straight and original for the most part though, sweet car..... hmmmm, no ABS either....that wasn't standard on the NZ new cars I have seen. I have never seen this one around. I know of mine, a mint showroom fresh red one that had 140,000km on it last time i saw it a few years back and a dark blue one that was a daily of someone in happy valley brooklyn welly that i have not seen for years....... will be watching this out of interest....I have no idea what they are worth these days....original or modified.....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:14:55 am by slowburn »
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 11:46:10 pm »
$82 bucks a week finance!!!! get in there.....hahahahaha, someone should
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 11:56:53 pm »
i have seen that parts car it comes with....i know exactly where that is parked....wolfgang, its about 5 mins from your place if traffic was lite....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline le mans

• ##
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 08:14:52 pm »
That Audi 90 Quattro appears to be in tidy condition but the odo hasn’t worked for 2.5 years. Why on earth wouldn’t you sort that out when it happened?

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 09:39:01 pm »
that white sedan b3 on TM looks tidy and is cheap as chips....great lil car for a fraction of the price of the b2s
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline Horch

• Audi quattro 10v MTM
  • Favourite pizza - quattro
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 11:13:36 pm »
looks pretty straight, low ish kms....weird that its running the single exhaust tip, it should be a twin. the front right headlight is toast and maybe wouldn't pass WOF.....looks worse than any of my spares.....paint looks pretty good. interior is ok, wonder whats under the seats. that shifter is weird....not being a dick, i am happy to see this in the wild....nz new too. really interested to see what this goes for. Deans left hook rally prepped Malcolm Stewart one went off to aussie a year or so back for 6 and change or maybe 7k? i can't quite remember exactly but i remember thinking it was a steal.....no rear badge on this green one either.....looks super straight and original for the most part though, sweet car..... hmmmm, no ABS either....that wasn't standard on the NZ new cars I have seen. I have never seen this one around. I know of mine, a mint showroom fresh red one that had a 140,000km on it last time i saw it a few years back and a dark blue one that was a daily of someones in happy valley brooklyn welly that i have not seen for years....... will be watching this out of interest....I have no idea what they are worth these days....original or modified.....

.... not to mention the F chassis Coupe quattro... (Not quattro coupe)... That happens to be wearing pre ‘85 model non smoke tail Lights.
MB urquattro
MB 300SL
GLC300
DKW RT250
Vespa PX200
Ford Ranger
GLC300

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 01:16:36 am »
yeah, those lights are strange as you say. kinda suits the green, sort of.......
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline 90_B2 Quattro

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 07:40:24 am »
The white b3 was mine for a 18 months, sold it a mate who is passionate about old Quattro when i found another b2 90q.
The ODO hasn't worked for 15 years. It was parked up for 12 years before the guy I got it off bought it.
Don't believe the cambelt has been changed in forever either, was on my to do list along with finding out the occasional no start and repairing the cross threaded spark plug thread on number 5 cylinder.

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 08:36:38 am »
other than those issues it looks super straight. if i was looking to get into and old quattro, that would be my pick. knowing what i know now....And cost wise....new belt and speedo fixed and that would be sweet
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline wolfgang

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 05:37:00 pm »
Yes, so many cool cars and so little space to put them.
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 06:18:07 pm »
singing from the same hymn book  8)
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline ziptie.nz

• ##
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 09:16:48 pm »
That Audi 90 Quattro appears to be in tidy condition but the odo hasn’t worked for 2.5 years. Why on earth wouldn’t you sort that out when it happened?

Probably cos most people would break the poor thing to pieces, than and odometergears.com charge moonbeams for two tiny pieces of plastic
MK2 GTI 16v, MK2 TDI PD130 2260VK Firad 80%

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 10:24:07 pm »
facts......cars like that need an owner that cares
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline Bruis

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2020, 10:41:17 am »
For those of you who spotted the green Quattro Coupe for sale recently on Trade Me (with a spare GT donor car) ,and made various knowledgeable comments about it online; -  I bought it for $15 k ..who knows if that was about right or too much???  I've had the driver's seat bolster reupholstered, done heaps of smaller cosmetic things..rear parcel shelf, missing rearseat side panel trims, etc currently looking for a correct rear exhaust muffler and twin tail pipes. Any suggestions welcome!

Not sure about the comment on odometer...it and speedo work fine and always have according to the guy I bought it off.  Right headlight reflector is away getting resilvered. Got a new sunshine roof seal on the way from Highland, and will get the sunshine roof panel straightened up and repainted when the seal arrives.  Mechanically it seems very good...can't really fault it, although there is a bit of on and off throttle play in the driveline...possibly normal what with all the cv's and uj's -in the system?

The other difficult issue is the lack of rear Audi and Quattro insignia. Any suggestions also gratefully received.
Current Classic Fleet:
'85 Type 85 Coupe Quattro
'64 Porsche 356
'65 Panhard 24CT - just sold!
'65 Renault Caravelle

Offline RobClubley

• ###
  • Incessant car tinkerer
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2020, 01:00:49 pm »
For those of you who spotted the green Quattro Coupe for sale recently on Trade Me (with a spare GT donor car) ,and made various knowledgeable comments about it online; -  I bought it for $15 k ..who knows if that was about right or too much???  I've had the driver's seat bolster reupholstered, done heaps of smaller cosmetic things..rear parcel shelf, missing rearseat side panel trims, etc currently looking for a correct rear exhaust muffler and twin tail pipes. Any suggestions welcome!

Not sure about the comment on odometer...it and speedo work fine and always have according to the guy I bought it off.  Right headlight reflector is away getting resilvered. Got a new sunshine roof seal on the way from Highland, and will get the sunshine roof panel straightened up and repainted when the seal arrives.  Mechanically it seems very good...can't really fault it, although there is a bit of on and off throttle play in the driveline...possibly normal what with all the cv's and uj's -in the system?

The other difficult issue is the lack of rear Audi and Quattro insignia. Any suggestions also gratefully received.

Awesome, welcome! Why not start a thread for your car and upload some pics. I still have quite a few Coupe bits from my donor car, but none of the things you listed, sorry!
1985 ur quattro
2011 Mercedes C200 Wagon

Offline le mans

• ##
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2020, 01:20:51 pm »
Cool! The comments about the odo were to do with a white Audi 90 Quattro that also came up for sale around the same time.

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2020, 10:22:02 pm »
sweet car, are you wellington based? or did the car leave the region? i haven't forgotten to take pictures, I just haven't had a chance to go to my lock up and get under mine to photograph the exhaust set up, will be there this week....welcome to the forum
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline Bruis

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 05:28:39 pm »
Car is still in the region...on our lifestyle block up the Otaki Gorge.
Current Classic Fleet:
'85 Type 85 Coupe Quattro
'64 Porsche 356
'65 Panhard 24CT - just sold!
'65 Renault Caravelle