Wellington workshop suggestions?

Started by ponyslaystation, July 23, 2020, 05:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ponyslaystation

Hello,

My 2010 mk6 didn't come with the MFSW, so I have purchased all of the parts but I need someone to do the work and the small amount of VCDS coding.

From looking at this video, it should only take a couple of hours right? (he does it pretty quick with one arm!)

https://youtu.be/-YeCorwqiUU

Gazley quoted me 3 hours labour + GST which i thought was a little on the rich side.

Does anyone have any idea's or am I just being cheap and thats what it will cost?

Thanks heaps

80 Vert

Fit the parts yourself. 45mins work tops.
Coding shouldn't take long either.
3 hours seems a bit rich. Stay away from the Dealer and find good independent shop or hobbyist willing to do it.
Plenty of Wellington members on here with vcds.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

The Red Warrior

He certainly does do a good job in that video doing it one handed.
Agree with 80 Vert.
Members on here like to help each other out by and large I?ve found. Treat them nice and don?t be stingy. You?ll probably even make some friends.
Is the different wiper stalk necessary? When I upgraded to the Mk6 MFSW in my Mk5 that didn?t have a MFSW I didn?t change it. It just means that the up/down buttons on the steering wheel do the same as the toggle button on the stalk.
The video doesn?t show using VCDS to do the steering wheel adaptation either, which I had to do due to moving the slip ring.
If you find someone in Wellington that?s prepared to do the coding and adaptation for you (on here or the dealer) then you can install all the parts yourself and then still drive to meet them. You just won?t have power steering (or have the MFSW buttons working yet).

ponyslaystation

Thanks people.

Anyone wanna help a VW brother out?

I'm based out in Miramar, can do money and beer!

Cheers

JaseNZ

Quote from: ponyslaystation on July 25, 2020, 08:13:21 PM
Thanks people.

Anyone wanna help a VW brother out?

I'm based out in Miramar, can do money and beer!

Cheers

Its easy to put all the parts in yourself, I did this same thing when I had my mk6 , One tip is use your phone's front facing camera so you can see where the clips are for the airbag , Did mine in about an hour of full swap and vcds coding. As mentioned if you put all the parts in then all somebody has to do is code your car to say you have mfsw.
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

slowmo

I have a VCDS and happy to share time in helping you code it in, if you find the instructions.
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

liv

Am up in Kapiti and happy to help if you don't mind the drive..  Am sure Slowmo may be a closer option though.
2016 Audi S4 (B9)
2019 Mercedes Benz B180 AMG (W247)

ponyslaystation

Thanks guys!

I have just purchased an OBEleven to do the coding. If all goes to pot, I may hit you guys up though.  ;)

I will post on my progress once it arrives.

Thanks again.

80 Vert

Thats the story, you're better off having a scan tool anyway.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration