Headlight Wiring Diagram

Started by stillcantplaygolf, July 24, 2020, 02:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillcantplaygolf

I've got a Mk4 golf with HID headlights, left headlight adjustment is damaged so need to replace. Unfortunately these headlights are rare and expensive so planning on swapping to standard oem headlights. My question is does anyone know where to find/ have a wiring diagram for the oem HID headlights? I'm pretty sure regular headlights are a 10 pin whereas these HID's are a 12 pin. There's a multitude of halogen to HID converters, but none the other way round :<
Cheers!
Mk4 Golf v5
Mk3 Caddy 2.0 TDI - sold
Mk4 Golf 1.6 - rip

the phantom

these are from the Haynes manual, the first is the standard incandescent diagramme and the second is hidyou have to take the bumper off to get to the LH headlamp assembly, if you haven't got one, borrow a Haynes manual from the library or buy one $50-60, but it'll pay for itself with this one job! I don't know how good the online manual is, I've got both the Hayes and the Bentley and they both have their strengths

https://www.thenile.co.nz/books/haynes-publishing/vw-golf-bora-service-and-repair-manual/9780857339720?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeVpLnYTz3rq4Z72TaJ9v_EmJzXQ-qDkEP-Xbl2zUzukS55WBACQ9pcaAuvqEALw_wcB

https://www.emanualonline.com/Cars/Volkswagen/Golf/Volkswagen-Golf-4-Mk4-1997_2006-Service-Repair-Manual.html?currency=NZD&product_country=NZ&product_id=175053&placement=&adtype=&keyword=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeWjssqo5c9w11AaxThS74eXkMFwVjvj-mMYlyq7tIZG7gx53aNUOasaAmDgEALw_wcB

Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

lloydcmp

Hey I have the same problem. The aim adjusters are broken on the Xenon HID headlights. Does anyone know of anywhere that you can buy new xenon headlights?

I have looked everywhere with no luck so far. I am guessing I may have to get it re-wired back to factory. Does anyone know how long this would take and a rough cost for parts and labour?

Thanks for your help!

the phantom

it was some time ago when I put incandescents with  foglamps into my MK4, but SH prices varied quite a bit on T-M, I think the pair I got were around $180

depending on where you are you could always check out the wreckers
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008