wanted May 2020 Classic & Sportscar

Started by the phantom, September 02, 2020, 01:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the phantom

with the E-Type vs. Corvette cover

specifically, I'm after the article on the Citroen GS, still a fave of mine

paper or digital, happy to pay in $$ or beer!

thanks
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

schattenblau

ditto !

copy of article, click to expand

the phantom

we owned two GS's, both "Breaks" (wagons), roomy. comfortable, quick and economical

the first, red one had probably done 200+ miles and was pretty smokey, but we did a 3 day round trip from Wellington to Coromandel and back at an 80 mph cruise (different days) and returned 25 mpg, a testament to low drag with only 1220cc

brian

Quote from: the phantom on September 08, 2020, 10:07:42 AM
we owned two GS's, both "Breaks" (wagons), roomy. comfortable, quick and economical

the first, red one had probably done 200+ miles and was pretty smokey, but we did a 3 day round trip from Wellington to Coromandel and back at an 80 mph cruise (different days) and returned 25 mpg, a testament to low drag with only 1220cc

ahhh, the good old days ;)

the phantom

old and new, Kelburn 1984, with a growing family, sadly the Light 15 had to give way to something a little more practical

after the red GS was sandwiched in someone else's nose to tail, it was replaced by another in a colour called Vitamin C, it had a webasto folding sunroof which was a delight

I still cruise TradeMe thinking that I could live with a GS again, they were really that good

brian

Friends of mine had a pale green metallic 1220 GS, lovely car....may have been a Pallas.....but I can't be sure now.
I fancied one myself but it never came to fruition and I ended up with a Renault Fuego a little later which actually turned out to be a very nice driving car anyway.

the phantom

there are a few 11-12 year old youtube videos of a turbo GS in Auckland, runs megasquirt and goes quite well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNOqhrrar0

schattenblau

Latest NZ Classic Car - June 2021 has a story on an NZ GS Birotor

;D