Audi 2010 8P S3 DRL LEDS with a Japanese import

Started by daniel53, September 18, 2020, 04:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel53

Hey guys,

I?ve got an import s3 as above. The leds work but not as I want them too. I would like them turned on when lights are in auto like Nz new cars do. I?ve tried the coding in vcds but nothing seems to change it. I?ve read some posts and other say it?s turned off because of in Japan.
Surely I?m not the first one to want to do an S3
My thoughts were if they are disabled maybe I need to get the security access code to change the setting.

Any help would be appreciated it?s doing my head in.

Thanks

Esque5

Did you manage to sort this out mate? I got my Japanese import SQ5 DRL's working after a lot of VCDS digging.

Vwag

GLIDN

found a very odd trick out with a scirocco R a month or two ago. Same thing, NZ new Scirocco and Golf R the LED lights up, the Jap imports do not. So figured out (can't recall exactly what I did in the end)
But got it working, I did not use VCDS or coding at all.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

ltani

Quote from: GLIDN on March 23, 2021, 03:42:43 PM
found a very odd trick out with a scirocco R a month or two ago. Same thing, NZ new Scirocco and Golf R the LED lights up, the Jap imports do not. So figured out (can't recall exactly what I did in the end)
But got it working, I did not use VCDS or coding at all.

Can you recall, even vaguely, what you did? I have the same issue. DRLs only on with parking lights or headlights.
Audi S3 8P - Stock
Audi A4 B8 - Integrated Engineering Stage 2
Audi TT 8J - Stage 1

daniel53

Would be so good to get an answer on this. I?d be happy to even fund some cash to the person that gets them going. Urgh

GLIDN

it was a sequence done with either cruise control stalk or indicator stalk.
in ignition mode.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning