Golf R LED DRL's - cannot get full brightness during the day.

Started by 2gKiwi, September 19, 2020, 12:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2gKiwi

Hey guys - my LED DRL's on my 2012 R only ever seem to be in "dim" mode.  I have not managed to ever see them bright/full except the brief flicker when I first turn them on.  They appear to be the same in all lighting modes (auto/park/main/hi-beam).  Everything else works as expected.  I'm not looking to run them full at night or anytime the headlights are on, only when it's daylight and basically helps others see my car.   I am forever seeing cars on the road coming toward me then have their equivalent LED DRL's on bright (normal) during the day and I just want to achieve same.  Anyone have any actual experience with this?  Thx.

JaseNZ

Quote from: 2gKiwi on September 19, 2020, 12:54:17 PM
Hey guys - my LED DRL's on my 2012 R only ever seem to be in "dim" mode.  I have not managed to ever see them bright/full except the brief flicker when I first turn them on.  They appear to be the same in all lighting modes (auto/park/main/hi-beam).  Everything else works as expected.  I'm not looking to run them full at night or anytime the headlights are on, only when it's daylight and basically helps others see my car.   I am forever seeing cars on the road coming toward me then have their equivalent LED DRL's on bright (normal) during the day and I just want to achieve same.  Anyone have any actual experience with this?  Thx.

There is a thread discussing the same sort of thing here, looks like you can adjust it via vcds however your's might already be on 100%

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/led-drl-brightness.242202/
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

2gKiwi

JasonT

Hi, I'm resurrecting this one in the hope that somebody has learnt anything new.

I?m having the same problem with my Golf R's DRL's as 2gKiwi described above; when the ignition is turned on they come on at full brightness briefly then immediately dim to parking light level. So far all the Googling I?ve done has only found people who can't get retrofits to work or want the DRL's to not dim with the headlights on. All the other Mk6 R's I see on the road seem to have them at full brightness.

Any insight would be appreciated.