Young Driver insurance for a MK4 R32

Started by mitchr32, September 25, 2020, 05:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchr32

buying a mk4 r32 on tuesday, got a quote from my parents from AMI saying they'd do 9.5k for it, are there any other branches i could goto to get the actual value of the car insured?

or any tips i could use to raise AMI's rate?

thanks!

i'm 20 if that helps
2003 Golf R32 4dr - Deep Black Pearl

mitchr32

or would it be better to just do insurance through my parents? thanks

schattenblau

try trademe insurance ?

they do agreed value

superfueler

AA insurance also gets reasonably close to vehicle actual value and their premiums are not a bank breaker. Both my cars are with them but i'm a little bit older then 20.  :-X

As far as i'm aware anyone under 25 years old driving anything faster then a Granny's car will be seen as higher risk and therefore higher premiums.

Good luck.

PS, we want to see some pics of the car asap  :D
Current: 2010 Audi A4 2.7 TDI silver, 2007 Audi A4 2.0T DTM sprint blue, 2007 VW Golf V 2.0 TDI BKD 4motion manual white.
Past: 2004 Golf R32 black pearlescent, 2009 Audi S3 white, 2004 Audi A4 B6 1.8T blue, 99 Golf mk4 GTI black, 2005 Audi A4 B7 2.0T black.

mitchr32

Quote from: superfueler on September 25, 2020, 07:12:41 PM
AA insurance also gets reasonably close to vehicle actual value and their premiums are not a bank breaker. Both my cars are with them but i'm a little bit older then 20.  :-X

As far as i'm aware anyone under 25 years old driving anything faster then a Granny's car will be seen as higher risk and therefore higher premiums.

Good luck.

PS, we want to see some pics of the car asap  :D

yeah, i dont know why but my mum doesn't want me to insure it through her, which would make it cheaper for me, and let me insure it for the value it deserves

will post picture when it's in my/my mums name ;)

LouieP

Just an FYI, AMi are slowly closing down their branches. They also have a boat load of older staff who are grumpy and believe millennials are cancer to this world. I would enquire with AA as superfueler stated and also give swann insurance a call. Vero also seem to be forgotten. They both are very forgiving and encourage the younger generation to insure themselves. Did you pick up an nz new one?
NZ New MK3 Golf VR6 3 Door

mitchr32

Quote from: LouieP on September 25, 2020, 09:12:17 PM
Just an FYI, AMi are slowly closing down their branches. They also have a boat load of older staff who are grumpy and believe millennials are cancer to this world. I would enquire with AA as superfueler stated and also give swann insurance a call. Vero also seem to be forgotten. They both are very forgiving and encourage the younger generation to insure themselves. Did you pick up an nz new one?

No worries will give AA a call and if it's nothing that I like i'll give the others a call. It's not NZ new, but IMO it's in pretty good shape for a 17 year old car. Obviously there are some faults, but I'm planning on fixing them as I own the car for longer! And it's a euro anyway, so you know it needs proper maintenance consistently lol

thank you for your help :)

slowmo

AMI would only insure my R32 for an agreed $11k, full comprehensive with glass-buyout for $600 a year. I can get a higher agreed cover if I got a formal valuation.

Hopefully that?s a useful comparison although i am older than 20 and have full no claims bonus and have been with AMI for over 10 years with other cars (with a few claims through them).
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

mitchr32

Quote from: slowmo on September 26, 2020, 01:08:17 PM
AMI would only insure my R32 for an agreed $11k, full comprehensive with glass-buyout for $600 a year. I can get a higher agreed cover if I got a formal valuation.

Hopefully that?s a useful comparison although i am older than 20 and have full no claims bonus and have been with AMI for over 10 years with other cars (with a few claims through them).

will most likely go with AA, got just above 12k in cover (with full glass cover at no extra cost) which i'm fine with, through my mum since "AlL yOuNg DrIvErS aRe BaD"

thanks hahaha