Insurance cover - non daily

Started by le mans, October 29, 2020, 08:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

le mans

Interested in current views on ?non-daily? policies with agreed value. I?m thinking to contact Classic Cover and Star to see what my options are. Any other suggestions?

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

RobClubley

I'm using AMI for the quattro.
Mileage limited, but reasonable pricing.
They have an option to cover the car when it's in project state for a lower cost. i.e. it's still insured just in the garage.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

robh

I've used Swann for car that doesn't move anywhere :) and Star for car that does track days, price seems fair for cover.  No idea of what the claims experience is like.

If it's something you love or is hard to replace suggest you make sure you have salvage rights.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

rambo_005

Quote from: NasTnaS on October 29, 2020, 08:54:38 AM
Classic cover. No regrets.

Me too. They've been great to deal with and changed the agreed value based on a professional valuation, policy wording also seems sensible from memory.

le mans

Good call on the salvage rights, I?ll enquire about that too.

robh

The other thing I would never allow is for anything special to be towed to a salvage yard "so the insurance company can assess it".

Parts go missing and they act like the vehicle doesn't belong to you regardless of any claim status.  Most yards are used to seeing cars get written off so they treat them that way.

Keep the vehicle in your possession even if it's inconvenient or more expensive to move.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

80 Vert

2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

le mans

Got quote back from ClassicCover. For agreed value the car needs to be 26 years old. They will do that for the RS2 (25+ years old) but the others would essentially be market value.

Period_Correct_

Ha. Yesterday I had a rethink about insurance and called PIC. They still use classic cover/ star etc but I?ll only need to deal with 1 person for all insurances.

Cheers,
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26