what part do I need for my headlight?

Started by mitchr32, November 04, 2020, 04:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchr32

tried to get it repaired today with the harness some nice bloke sent me,  and they said it wasn't the right harness, one i got had 9 picks, r32 headlight has 11/12. all wires in the headlight are toast and i'm not completely sure what I need, new headlight loom? or do i need to replace something else where the wires go into the headlight?

thank you
2003 Golf R32 4dr - Deep Black Pearl

LouieP

Whats actually wrong with the current one? there should be a part number on your current one (1J........)
NZ New MK3 Golf VR6 3 Door

mitchr32

Quote from: LouieP on November 04, 2020, 09:26:47 PM
Whats actually wrong with the current one? there should be a part number on your current one (1J........)

insulation is damned on all of the wires, which is making it short circuit and pop the fuse, guy i took it to said i could get them to repair the insulation but no guarantee it'll work and that the wires are quite brittle etc

it's the wires going from the loom to the lightbulb(s)?

i dont know how to explain it sorry lol
2003 Golf R32 4dr - Deep Black Pearl

portmanteau

Quote from: mitchcomes on November 04, 2020, 04:38:28 PM
tried to get it repaired today with the harness some nice bloke sent me,  and they said it wasn't the right harness, one i got had 9 picks, r32 headlight has 11/12. all wires in the headlight are toast and i'm not completely sure what I need, new headlight loom? or do i need to replace something else where the wires go into the headlight?

I have one car here with a damaged R32 [xenon] headlight that could have a good internal harness in it, but I would have to check

PM me if you like, but be real in what you are prepared to pay. These are rare parts
'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q