Bitch Bolt - Unashamed plug

Started by portmanteau, November 23, 2020, 08:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portmanteau

those of you who have been cursed in your lifetime with having to remove seized top front control arm pinch bolts on B6 C6 etc, will already know:

1: 7 times out of 10 they are seized
2: More often than not, very badly seized, enough to resist most efforts at removal
3: They can't be put in a press or a drill-press and the bolt heads usually shear off before any chance of loosening. Heat sometimes helps, but that usually also means ball joints on the top arms are ruined in the process
4: The skilled team of German designers who persisted in using the same lousy design for 20 years or more should have been retired from the workforce long ago

However, faced with no less than 3 of these bitches at once, I managed to persuade a local jobbing engineer to have a go at them since I was having no luck at all

This is a blatant recommendation for Ben at:  Goodman Engineering - 368 Wilsons Road, Christchurch

How he managed to drill these all BY HAND with this level of accuracy is amazing!

(He will probably hate me for this, because I don't think he enjoyed the job very much and would not be putting his hand up to do more of the same)

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

Pristle

A very patient soul with a very steady hand.