NZ police select Skoda to supply new cop cars

Started by JaseNZ, November 25, 2020, 10:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

Great choice! Huge boot, loads of room in the back, 4x4 and a 206kW fast version available.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

JaseNZ

I am curious to see what they look like fully kitted out in our livery.
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

rambo_005

The Superb Combi is the only logical choice left in the market, without getting into SUVs... it's nice they didn't go down that road just yet. Plenty of space in the back for the crims!

le mans

Excellent choice. Look forward to seeing them kitted out.

Gordo

These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

Pristle

Lot of negative commentary on Twitter. People haven't seemed to notice that Skoda today is a very different machine.

Cam, you mentioned SUV, I see the Kodiaq vRS is seeing service in the UK and Irish police forces.

RobClubley

Quote from: Pristle on November 26, 2020, 02:24:03 PM
Lot of negative commentary on Twitter. People haven't seemed to notice that Skoda today is a very different machine.

Cam, you mentioned SUV, I see the Kodiaq vRS is seeing service in the UK and Irish police forces.

People are idiots who can't let go of the old Skoda jokes from 30 years ago !
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

gti vr6

Quote from: Pristle on November 26, 2020, 02:24:03 PM

The Skoda would run rings around the Holdanga Aussie rubbish they currently run. 
And Simon Bridges doesn't really count as "people".
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

beeker

Good call.
Would have been interesting to see how the Bmw (specific police model) ranked by comparison.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Gordo

Most of the bigger manufacturers have Police, and other services, custom build vehicles int heir line-ups.
As you say, might have been interesting to know what other vehicles were under consideration - but, with the relatively small market, there may not have been that many companies tendering for the business.
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

brian

Quote from: Gordo on November 28, 2020, 10:39:21 AM
Most of the bigger manufacturers have Police, and other services, custom build vehicles int heir line-ups.
As you say, might have been interesting to know what other vehicles were under consideration - but, with the relatively small market, there may not have been that many companies tendering for the business.

The initial writeup said they were offered 27 vehicles from 7 suppliers which they narrowed to a shortlist of 12
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RayRay

Ford Mustang highway patrol, Ford Focus city patrol, Ford Transit paddy wagon.....I don't really like Fords but who likes to see a police car in their mirrors!!
2000 A4 B5 1.8TQ Sport AJL man sedan NZ - driving
2006 BMW E91 325i M-Sport tip touring JPN - neglected
1991 BMW E30 325i M-Tech1 man sedan NZ - sold and cried

dummer

Quote from: beeker on November 28, 2020, 08:00:31 AM
Good call.
Would have been interesting to see how the Bmw (specific police model) ranked by comparison.
Maybe the Volvo as well