Author Topic: B3 quattro sedan project  (Read 671 times)

Offline Mogalli

B3 quattro sedan project
« on: January 18, 2021, 04:33:36 pm »
I've been chipping away at this over the last year or so. 1.8t rebuild and swap, 5 lug conversion, b5 a4 brakes, few other bits and pieces. Still got a bit to do, but runs and drives now. On the hunt for a bumper that'll fit the fmic, had to cut one of my b3 bumpers as it's got no space. Will add pics and bits as I go.

Offline RobClubley

• ###
  • Incessant car tinkerer
Re: B3 quattro sedan project
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 07:18:21 pm »
Nice! look forward to seeing progress,
1985 ur quattro
2011 Mercedes C200 Wagon

Offline Mogalli

Re: B3 quattro sedan project
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 11:28:05 am »
Bit of an update.

Built a heat shield out of aluminium for the pod filter. Ideally I'd get an oem solution to fit, but seeing as the car was kjet it was out of the question. Anyone have ideas/parts that could work? The turbo noise is neat with the pod filter, but not very "sleeper" and it's not the cleanest engine bay setup.

Finished the plumbing on the radiator. Running a b4 v6 radiator and a b4 5cyl coolant tank, the top line is connected with a three way brass job and makes bleeding super easy. On the hunt for a b4 power steering reservoir and the inside guard washer reservoir, looking to move the battery to the front so I can better mount the abs pump (which you can see hanging in the pics, it interferes with the intake manifold)(have considered deleting abs and running straight from the proportioning valve, but need more info)

Still on the hunt for a bumper that will fit the FMIC.

Cheers