Mk4 gti auto to manual ecu

Started by Lunacy, February 19, 2021, 08:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunacy

Gidday all
Am in process of sorting bits for the conversion, and have nearly everything bar the ecu.
Been scouring the net for info, and so far seems like the best option is finding a 2001 manual gti ecu and having an immo defeat done.
Current ecu is 06A 906 032 ES and car is a 2001 gti Aum.
Can't find much info on that one whether it can be reflashed to manual, or not.
Seems the same year 5 speed ecu is same number but ET as last letters.
Anyone know whether any other ecus are compatible with immo defeat, or any other ideas of how to run this?
Any help appreciated

wilco

You don't need to immo delete of flash anything.
Plug the new manual ECU into loom (presume you have a manual loom?) then with VCDS get the immo to read that it has a new ECU to talk to and that's it. Turn car off and  back on, Immo light will go off and you're away.
You can also use your existing ecu I'm pretty sure and recode to tell it that it's running a 5-speed manual.  Haven't tried that as have always had a manual ECU to use.  Gvie me a yell if you need a manual ECU and loom.

GLIDN

I can convert your ECU to manual via software. Send me a PM if you would like this done.

I'm able to keep your Immo data otherwise perform an immo delete also.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

portmanteau

I have an '01 Manual AUM ECU here if you are not yet sorted

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q