Weird Wiper Timings?

Started by slowboimk6, April 06, 2021, 06:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowboimk6

Has anyone experienced an issue with their window wipers?

When I flick the switch to adjust the speed, they sometimes go really quickly or at is lowest speed. No matter what setting I change it to I swear it doesn't really change so I generally leave it on the lowest setting...

My MK6 GTI has automatic wipers and even if it's a light drizzle it will sometimes go full ballistic so I'm constantly doing it manually because of this.

Am I woefully stupid and have the settings incorrect or is it part of the many electrical gremlins of owning a Japanese import? For context my driver side mirror is intermittently having issues with the windows "pinching" prematurely...

Pristle

I have a similar but random ocurrence on my Mk5 and have given up trying to understand it.

Best solution has been a quarterly Rainex treatment directly on the glass and then a solution in my washer bottle.

the phantom

i think it might be influenced by the rain sensor and auto settings
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

slowboimk6

Quote from: Pristle on April 06, 2021, 07:45:01 AM
I have a similar but random ocurrence on my Mk5 and have given up trying to understand it.

Best solution has been a quarterly Rainex treatment directly on the glass and then a solution in my washer bottle.

Yeah that's looking like the path I might have to take as well thanks for the clarification glad its not just me

slowboimk6

Quote from: the phantom on April 06, 2021, 07:51:08 AM
i think it might be influenced by the rain sensor and auto settings

That's what I was assuming originally, sounds like I'll have to consider if it bothers me that much to get it fixed...