MK7 Golf TSI Bluemotion Service

Started by nikhilg12, April 14, 2021, 08:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikhilg12

I need to service my car, haven't done a first service since I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Its a 2013 Golf TSI MK7 Bluemotion Jap Import.

Can anyone recommend a good reliable garage in Auckland? Not too keen to take it to VW Dealership as they charge a lot more.

Also I noticed the car kind of jerks when starting from stop until it switches into 2nd gear, kinda like how a manual car does. Is this normal behviour for a DSG transmission? I have also noticed the gear almost instantly falls into 2 from 1 while starting from stop.

Help please! This is my first venture into a Euro car and as much I love the car, the above issue is kind of making me nervous.

Cheers
Nikhil
2013 MK7 Golf 1.4 TSI

the phantom

where in Auckland are you?

I highly recommend Endeavour on Wairau Rd
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

nikhilg12

I am in West Auckland but could travel North if needed.

How about Qualitat or A1 European?

What are the service rates like with the one you mentioned?
2013 MK7 Golf 1.4 TSI

the phantom

Quote from: nikhilg12 on April 14, 2021, 01:46:09 PM
I am in West Auckland but could travel North if needed.

How about Qualitat or A1 European?

What are the service rates like with the one you mentioned?

can't find an invoice, but they're pretty reasonable
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

Trofeo

So you've just bought it 2 weeks ago, and it needs a service already? I'd be taking it back if there are issues.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

nikhilg12

Quote from: Trofeo on April 15, 2021, 05:50:28 PM
So you've just bought it 2 weeks ago, and it needs a service already? I'd be taking it back if there are issues.

There's no issues with the car, the dealer was honest about getting it serviced as he has not done it since the import and since there is no prior service history, so I'd like to get it serviced so i can keep a record of it during my ownership.
2013 MK7 Golf 1.4 TSI