Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 - reinvented

Started by Pristle, April 28, 2021, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pristle

Looking for something else completely unrelated, I stumbled upon this: Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 DAB. It has the same look to the 80's classic head unit, with more going on. AM/FM (RDS), USB, SD, Bluetooth etc.

As for the DAB component....pretty useless feature in NZ. Still we have iheartradio I guess.

RobClubley

Had mine for a while, it looks great and does all the things I want.

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

GLIDN

have one myself now too.

amazing Deck to be had if you want an old-school feel with new school features.
Most importantly for me, the SQ (sound quality) of this unit is pretty up there. So a great starting point.

They do not make this unit without DAB, unfortunately. We do however have a couple of DAB channels in Auckland, ZM radio being one of them. If you can be bothered listening to the radio that is.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

RobClubley

Yeah DAB doesn't work obviously but it has AM/FM/LW. Bluetooth, SD, USB, Aux. Should be enough :D
Separate pre-outs for 4 channel amp and separate sub which is awesome.
1985 ur quattro

Gordo

For future reference, this does fit the standard, single slot DIN opening?
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

rambo_005

I've been wanting one of these for my Mk2 for a while now...

Where did you guys get yours from?

RobClubley

I got mine from here

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blaupunkt-bremen-sqr-46-dab-retro-80-s-style-classic-car-stereo-bluetooth-mp3-sd-usb-dab-radio

But I'm told they were leaned on by Blaupunkt and told not to export to New Zealand again as it's not an approved territory or something.
The NZ Blaupunkt importer told me they couldn't get them. So Ebay maybe?
FYI mine cost just under $800 landed. Expensive but it does everything I wanted in a great looking package so I'm very happy.
1985 ur quattro

schattenblau

RS

These are awesome. Nakamichi seemed to be the best option for years.

Personally, I would like to see Alpine do something similar.

schattenblau

The current Nakamichi lacks the design nous of their classic ICE like the Lexus OEMstuff, TD1200, TD700 etc.

Alpine ICE peaked in the 90s when they were big in the NZ OEM market - my NZ new Toyota, Honda, Subaru all had good sounding setups.

Both brands current stuff just doesn't sound that good.

My current tape fix is satisfied by a Sony Walkman Pro into the Renault analogue aux input.

:D

RS

Quote from: schattenblau on May 11, 2021, 11:08:09 AM
The current Nakamichi lacks the design nous of their classic ICE like the Lexus OEMstuff, TD1200, TD700 etc.

Alpine ICE peaked in the 90s when they were big in the NZ OEM market - my NZ new Toyota, Honda, Subaru all had good sounding setups.

Both brands current stuff just doesn't sound that good.

My current tape fix is satisfied by a Sony Walkman Pro into the Renault analogue aux input.

:D

Yes. My dad had a Toyota 4 Runner and Corona GLX with the Alpine units. When I got my first car I fitted a Alpine tape deck, was $470 in the late 90's and a CD player was $799. The tape deck still works today. I have a high end 90's Alipne to go into my 90's project car at some point, bench test shows it all works.

Have just upgraded my Renault recently, have no idea why I didn't do it many years ago. Thankfully you can now buy good sounding car audio for next to nothing.

Can recommend these as a OEM fitment replacement, they are really good for $150.

https://drivingsound.co.nz/product/rockford-r152-s-prime-5-25inch-component-speakers/

btz461

A Youshop address is very handy for suppliers not bothering to ship to New Zealand. The only drawback is the GST component. Great unit the Bremen SQR46.

Quote from: RobClubley on April 29, 2021, 08:44:08 AM
I got mine from here

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blaupunkt-bremen-sqr-46-dab-retro-80-s-style-classic-car-stereo-bluetooth-mp3-sd-usb-dab-radio

But I'm told they were leaned on by Blaupunkt and told not to export to New Zealand again as it's not an approved territory or something.
The NZ Blaupunkt importer told me they couldn't get them. So Ebay maybe?
FYI mine cost just under $800 landed. Expensive but it does everything I wanted in a great looking package so I'm very happy.