VOLKSWAGEN > Mk6 Golf - Jetta - Scirocco - Beetle

1.4 tsi (CVAD) cam locking tool.

(1/3) > >>

gtyler:
Hi all, Overhauled my golf mk6 1.4TSI but stuck with the cam timing. Does anyone have the special tools (cam locking plate and crank locking bolt I can borrow please? I am in Cambridge, but could pick up in Auckland or Hamilton. Other places I arrange postage?
Regards,
George

mmmmmm5:
contact all euro. hire the tools

gtyler:
Thanks, I did hire one,  and have done it. A bit of a battle, could not get the holding tool to slide in and out easily like in the videos. but I started with the toll in but just the tension on the chain caused by the valve springs makes it tight to get out.
  I have done a video of the result with all new timing components and I had concerns about the slack. As the crank it turned compression makes it "bounce" back in one position. if you slow the video down, you can see the tensioner goes back all the way, and at this point the chain is as slack as it can be at this time. It could actually JUMP TEETH! even with all new tensioner, chain, chain wheels and guides, etc. This kit has updated chain tensioner according to the seller, the number is different but it looks the same.

https://youtu.be/dK-PVB5XjHw
https://youtu.be/TZqgx4g1pmA

Worms:
That tensioner isn't working - it's supposed to have a rachet built in, so it can only come out, and not return in.

gtyler:

--- Quote from: mmmmmm5 on June 05, 2021, 05:57:38 pm ---contact all euro. hire the tools

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Worms on June 14, 2021, 01:39:16 pm ---That tensioner isn't working - it's supposed to have a rachet built in, so it can only come out, and not return in.

--- End quote ---

That is what I would expect, every engine I have overhauled in my 70 years with a timing chain had a ratchet, I have spent days looking for a picture on internet that showed one with a ratchet, can't find one. Phoned Ebbet VW spares, they say "the upgraded parts often look the same, sent me a picture of the new one, identical, including number, to the one I took out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version