A4 B6 damaged cats causing fuel inefficiency?

Started by A4RD, June 08, 2021, 01:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A4RD

Hey team,

Wow so glad to find this forum!

Hey so I have two A4 B6 Quattro Avants... and because i'm a pillock who never learns, I fear i've done the same thing to each, which was hit a speed hump too fast and, I suspect, damaged the cats. Ever since my fuel is depleting super quick... the instrument panel is showing 10.5l per 100km being used, and my obd scanner ain't connecting so i'm left to speculate.  Does this sound right to any of you more mechanically minded A4 owners?

On one of the cars, the one with the ASN engine, it's led to misfires on cylinder 2.  I've replaced coils, but probably now need to replace spark plugs too, and I fear.. o2 sensor and/or cats.

Is it a difficult thing to remove the cats entirely?  I've read somewhere that you need to drop the subframe and that's already beyond scope for me.

Are there other suggestions I might try first?

I'm trying to get these cars both working mint again because they're amazing, and also because it appears I have to sell them to clear a $5k lawyers bill that just blindsided me.

cheers.

GLIDN

CAT is attached by the Turbo, so subframe removal is not required, it could make the job a little easier. If bolts are seized on.
More likely a leaking exhaust or faulty 02 Sensor or Airflow sensor.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

A4RD

thanks for your reply. appreciated.  I'm going to try replace the o2 sensors and see if that corrects my issues.