97 GTI Race car build - Update

Started by Mk3GTINut, July 29, 2021, 06:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk3GTINut

About time for an update... due to life, its certainly taken a back seat, but work has progressed very very slowly, but progressed all the same.
Cage is almost finished (Frost Motorsport - Big Plug for Steve (aka Frosty)

Gearbox rebuilt with Blackline helical geared LSD fitted (Imported from the UK, Matt Lewis Motorsport). Clutch is a custom built Race Spec with lightened Flywheel from MP Autoparts built to handle 300kw.
We are fabricating a custom adaptor to fit 4AGE Quad Throttle Bodies. Craig Davis Electric Water Pump. Bit of plumbing to be done here yet. Link G4 Monsoon to run it all.
Cross drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk race pads. Racetech 4100 light weight HR seats. Some very rare Hella twin headlights (same as what was used in the original 96 Kit car!
All doors have all metal removed that we can. fixed windows (will replace with Lexan)... looking for fiberglass front guards / bonnet and doors if possible

I also have now bought a 3 door CLi which will have Roll cage fitted and will become donor shell down the line. Too far along with the 5 door, so we will carry on for now.

If you are reading this, I would be interested to know if anyone has any ABF 16v engines around that they would like me to take off their hands (sell). I want to develop a Turbo motor down the line.

anyhow... some photos .. feedback welcome.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15ic5VHerR7XNNwg_YrCoEmR65BENh2yg?usp=sharing
If it aint Broke, you arent trying hard enough