Away with the Land Rover ride height

Started by brian, September 22, 2021, 12:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

schattenblau

brian

Well that is an improvement...............dunno why they didn't build it like that in the first place.
Ride is little changed altho possibly slightly more jiggly over sharp imperfections (but then it always was a bit due to the 17 inch wheels)  less body roll.
Eibach guff indicated that the standard dampers were OK with these springs although if upgrading, recommended going to Bilstein B8 and I would agree with that as most of the time it feels fine, but if things get a bit upsy, downsy, the front does not feel quite as well damped as it could be.
I checked out the price of a set of B8's but the freight was rather alarming so that can go on the back burner for now.

brian

Right, well B8's and a rear ARB fitted today and a quick test drive along a windy road leaves me wondering again, why don't they make them like this in the first place.

le mans

Awesome little car. Must handle like a go kart now.

brian

Yeah, bought back a smile I haven't felt since my Lotus owning days

brian

Does this need wheel spacers to finish the job?

brian

New shoes for Xmas

Half inch wider rim and 6mm less offset just about gets the wheels in the right place.

brian

Thanks, huge improvement in looks  from the standard ride height.
Tyres are Bridgestone Potenza 215/40 R17

Poonmobile

Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

brian

Thank you, I'm quite pleased with the look however  the handling now far exceeds performance but is really good for dropping tailgaters on the twisty bits