Mk5 GTI cambelt prices in Auckland

Started by Alcest, October 18, 2021, 03:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcest

Kia ora folks,
Have browsed the forum for a wee while but not noticed anything about current cambelt options in Auckland - apologies if this has been asked before but where is the cheapest reputable place to get a properly done cambelt/water pump?

I'm looking at purchasing a mk5 GTI which is due for a change so need to factor in the cost. I've tried a few places and the best so far is about $1500 which seems a lot to me. One garage even quoted $2400!

cheers

80 Vert

Anything over 1k they are ripping you off and that's new water pump, idlers the lot.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Alcest

Thanks mate, that was my thoughts too however I can't see to find anyone below $995 plus GST. It would be great to hear from nnyone who has experience of a garage that charges less.

80 Vert

I can do it depending on how urgent it is.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Pristle

Either John, who is out west, as per his offer.

Or if you're south-east you could give Edwin of Prestige Master Tech a call. They're in the East Tamaki/Botany area. Just be firm about what you want done, as he will try sell you on more.

EDIT: check out John's projects, they're a testament to his workmanship and is well vouched for by other members too.

Alcest

Thanks all for the suggestions. I haven't purchased the car yet so no huge rush to get the job done. Will consider Prestige as an option and also John too.

GLIDN

Quote from: Alcest on October 18, 2021, 05:29:08 PM
Thanks mate, that was my thoughts too however I can't see to find anyone below $995 plus GST. It would be great to hear from nnyone who has experience of a garage that charges less.

reach out to Eurospec (in glenfield/ wairau valley), pretty sure he's on or under $1K for the full job.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Alcest

Good shout GLIDN, thanks. $950 all up inc GST. Best so far by a couple of hundred.