Anybody got a modern coding cable? VCDS Rosstech HEX-V2 / HEXNET or OBD Eleven?

Started by fatjoez, December 12, 2021, 10:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatjoez

Hi guys

Anyone have a modern coding cable?
Ross tech HEX-V2 or HEX-NET
or
OBD 11?

For coding a 2018 Tiguan MK2.

Happy to pay for use or buy if for sale.

Mr42

Me too, near Wellington.

I want the use of one soon, but I?m gonna buy a Hex-Net setup in April. If anyone?a still looking for the use of such a thing then, I?ll be happy to help. In the meantime, I know that Xtremetuning in Kaiwharawhara have one that they don?t want to sell but would probably let you use it for a bigger fee than I can afford.
I?m really strange, not who you think I am at all.

That?s okay, just calm down and try not to freak out. It?s gonna be fine and whatever confusion or negativity you might experience as a result of anything I do, say, or write is essentially irrelevant. Nobody really cares anyway so enjoy it while it?s there.

coons

Quote from: fatjoez on December 12, 2021, 10:06:02 PM
Hi guys

Anyone have a modern coding cable?
Ross tech HEX-V2 or HEX-NET
or
OBD 11?

For coding a 2018 Tiguan MK2.

Happy to pay for use or buy if for sale.

Hey mate - where are you based? I can help out if you're in Auckland.

What do you want done?

Cheers, Sam

ataylor

fatjoez

Hi team. Thanks for the replies!
I didn't have email notifications on so didn't see your replies earlier!!! I bought a rosstech HEX v2 cable & have done a ton of coding.

I activated:
- adaptive lane assist
- 10x RGB colours for menu + digital dashboard
- dynamic light assistance - turns on the highbeams automatically & turns sections of the light off for oncoming traffic instead of the whole beam (haven't tested fully but the feature is active & no error messages/faults on dashboard)
- throttle profile - changed from Time based pedal press to linear pedal press engine response. feels a little better than before
- aircon recirculation - remember setting
- show refuel amount litres in dashboard
- change short indicator stalk from 3 blinks to 5blink
- change digital dashboard design
- gauge needle sweep on start

todo:
- close sunroof with key
- trailer assist - some settings are missing here I couldn't get it activated

ataylor

Quote from: fatjoez on January 10, 2022, 07:33:30 PM
todo:
- close sunroof with key
- trailer assist - some settings are missing here I couldn't get it activated

I can copy my obdeleven logs if you need, as I have set the sunroof close up via one of their "apps" but I am not 100% sure what the exact coding is...

does your car have the high reverse cam (moving lines)? I wanted to put add it to my car, even though I am perfectly capable of reversing a trailer... but I was stopped by the lack of the highline reverse cam...

fatjoez

Quote from: ataylor on January 12, 2022, 09:56:21 PM
I can copy my obdeleven logs if you need, as I have set the sunroof close up via one of their "apps" but I am not 100% sure what the exact coding is...

does your car have the high reverse cam (moving lines)? I wanted to put add it to my car, even though I am perfectly capable of reversing a trailer... but I was stopped by the lack of the highline reverse cam...

thanks bro. I thought about it and thinking to only program "open sunroof" with key instead of close so that on hot day can leave the sunroof tilt open.
I also noticed my car isn't allowing Open windows by key but allows close by key. weird. i will have to program the whole thing then. have you done it? sure if you can send me logs awesome

I think I have high reverse camera. Moving lines ? is that the guidance lines when parking? I think i have those. I have this Park pilot feature for assistance parking too so I think i do.
I have 360 camera also. Regarding trailer assist it's actaully a crazy feature. It lets you control the car using the side mirror adjustment button. really weird. not what I expected.
see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnIxIRdWtjM