VOLKSWAGEN > Mk2 Golf - Jetta - Corrado

Mk2 Golf keeping it original?!

(1/3) > >>

treefaces123:
Hey guys, I have an Ď89 mk2 golf CLI with RV engine. I love the car but visually itís not as beautiful as a big bumper GTI and I was curious as to whether it was worth it to start modding it to make it the way I want. The car is all original besides the speakers and stereo, but I still have the stereo put away if anyone wanted to replace it. Itís in pretty good condition but I was curious as to whether people would care if a CLI was modded or not and whether itíd keep its value if I did change visual aspects of it.

What are your opinions? Do I keep the car all original?

black16v:
Pretty hard to crystal ball any value increase or drop. But its your car so do what you want. If you're only doing the outside for looks, then I would say go all the way, no half measures. No one can see under the bonnet when you're cruising.

LouieP:
If you have been thinking about modifying and as you saying making it your own, I say do it. You may preserve it for the next 5-10 years only for its next owner to slam it into the ground on cheap coilovers and replica rims with stretched tyres. You'll also look at it over the next 5-10 years everyday thinking about ideas on how to make it yours but the fact you want to preserve it would eat you up inside.

80 Vert:
I don't think a CLI will ever have a massive value so I say modify away and make it your own.
Even if it were a GTI it wouldn't stop me cutting it up, wait I did that already.

ranton-inc:
damnin send it bro.

They are a way better car modified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version