A4 DTM.. Plate DTM A4

Started by wilco, May 16, 2022, 07:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilco

While in Rotorua for work I bumped into Greg's old B7 DTM on FB.  Long story short and after a bit of negotiation its now parked outside my accom.  It's clear Audidude looked after it during his tenure but that was nearly 10 years ago now and it's looking a bit rough around the edges.  Would be great if I could fill in the gap with whomever bought it from Ebbetts back in 2013 or so until a couple of years ago.
Still a lovely car to drive, previous owner has done suspension bushes and brakes but cosmetically its not up there now.  Looks like it has been stored under a cover that has sweated so bonnet paint is destroyed.  Other than the obligatory B6/B7 headliner and glovebox issues its all there bar a couple of bits and pieces.  Well happy with the purchase.
Looking forward to bringing it back...
W.

slowburn

there is no cure for your addiction  8)
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

FFS

RS ZWEI

Cool car. Whats the plans for it?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

wilco

Hey Nic,
Plan is to bring it back to pristine or at least acceptable. Did (had done for me for the first time ever) cambelt etc, fluids and filers including brake fluid change last week and removed the towbar Greg had to put on to tow the Integra. 
Next up is headliner, re-paint bonnet and a complete clean inside.  Its fairly disgusting to the extent that interior looks like full black leather when should be grey alcantara inserts.
Other than that, just drive it. It's quiet and tight, lots of new stuff underneath.

superfueler

Any photos of yours Wilco? Come on, let's see.  :D
Current: 2010 Audi A4 2.7 TDI silver, 2007 Audi A4 2.0T DTM sprint blue, 2007 VW Golf V 2.0 TDI BKD 4motion manual white.
Past: 2004 Golf R32 black pearlescent, 2009 Audi S3 white, 2004 Audi A4 B6 1.8T blue, 99 Golf mk4 GTI black, 2005 Audi A4 B7 2.0T black.

wilco

No worthy pics yet other than those on here when Greg had it from new.  Mine is black, still all original, have sorted out mechanical stuff as above and recently installed new shocks and bump stops and a set of Dunlops to replace the three different brands previously. At some stage I'll do the tensioner and cam chains as it's a bit noisy at idle when warm. Makes the Mk5 GTi look easy.
It's still a fun car to drive distances, balanced and nimble compared to the RS5 where you really feel the bulk. RS5 wins on noise.  >:D