Radio has no sound! Help

Started by nikhilg12, June 12, 2022, 03:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikhilg12

Vehicle - 2013 Golf MK7 TSI

Infotainment unit works with radio and everything else displayed, however the sound does not work intermittently. Sometimes when i start the car it works like the sound comes through and some days it just doesn't. It's very random. If I turn off the ignition and start again, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Is this a common issue with the infotainment? Its a Jap import. Issue started happening 2 days ago. This morning i went out and it worked. Then on the way back from our supermarket trip again no sound.

HELP!!
2013 MK7 Golf 1.4 TSI

The Red Warrior

When this happens, try changing the source (ie from radio to SD card and then back to radio).
Also, does it tend to happen if you have just had the car going recently, for instance go to a gas station and it works but after you get back in after filling with gas then sometimes it doesn?t work?

Pristle

Defaulter83

I am currently facing the same issue, i had opted for the MBI when i bought the car. The obvious last resort for this is infotainment system replacement. Another way to make it work is when the infotainment system is running long press the menu button>click on updates>select sd card option (wait for 5-6 seconds)>press the radio button. This is a hack I saw on youtube works though but is annoying specially if driving short distances.

nikhilg12

Quote from: The Red Warrior on June 13, 2022, 08:45:30 PM
When this happens, try changing the source (ie from radio to SD card and then back to radio).
Also, does it tend to happen if you have just had the car going recently, for instance go to a gas station and it works but after you get back in after filling with gas then sometimes it doesn?t work?
I have tried that and it doesn't work. It's very random. Yes it works and doesn't work. Last couple of days it mostly hasn't worked at all.
2013 MK7 Golf 1.4 TSI

nikhilg12

Quote from: Defaulter83 on June 15, 2022, 01:11:46 AM
I am currently facing the same issue, i had opted for the MBI when i bought the car. The obvious last resort for this is infotainment system replacement. Another way to make it work is when the infotainment system is running long press the menu button>click on updates>select sd card option (wait for 5-6 seconds)>press the radio button. This is a hack I saw on youtube works though but is annoying specially if driving short distances.
This didn't work at all  :'(
2013 MK7 Golf 1.4 TSI