1987 Ur fuel pump

Started by GlenT, August 10, 2022, 05:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenT

Hi guys,
As I don't drive my ur nearly as much as I should/want to, the fuel pump has seized up.
I've been searching for a replacement, but haven't been able to find one with the original screw in terminals. They all seem to have threaded posts to receive an eyelet terminal.
Has anyone here had any luck sourcing an OEM fuel pump?
Thanks.

colingrant

I had the same problem caused for the same reason. Couldn't find an OEM pump so just got a generic pump off Autodoc  UK. I settled on a Johns Autotelle 6.5 bar @ 120 LPM the highest pressure I could find. The  pump body was slightly longer and required a minor hacksaw and file mod on the mounting bracket. Alas none of the pumps I looked at had the correct terminals so I gave up and altered to eyelets. Shame. Nevertheless the pump works fine.
Incidentally Johns Autotelle turned out to be the name  of the German company owning Autodoc.

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

GlenT

Thanks for the links guys,
Yeah it looks like I will have to get one without the OEM screw-in terminals.
There are plenty of options in this case.
Hopefully have it all sorted soon, been too long since I last had her out.

GlenT

Right, so I've got the new fuel pump installed and finally the car is running again :)
Unfortunately, the inlet for the pump is 15mm not the standard 12mm. When I was trying to fit the original rubber hose over the inlet it started to split, it is rather old now. I've fitted a new piece of hose as a stop-gap measure.
Has anyone had any luck sourcing the OEM hose that connects the fuel trap to the pump? It's the short piece that looks like a question mark.

slowburn

i had this problem years ago... i ended up getting a brass piece from enzed fittings as a step down.......it works fine....better stop gap for now maybe...i can get under her and take a pic if you want
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

GlenT

I actually bought a small length of fuel hose and curled it around on itself. Being a new hose, it's soft enough to fit over the larger outlet on the pump. Short term fix but it works.
Thanks for the offer though.