GENERAL CATEGORY > Technical Stuff

Is there any wheel alignment shop in Auckland who actually gives a crap

(1/2) > >>

user2154:
Removed rant post

Last time I took my old car to the wheel alignment shop next to BM workshop in Grey Lynn, the guy was very experienced and was awesome and was actually willing to discuss the vehicle with me while he did the alignment. Not sure if they are still operating that wheel alignment shop, does anyone know?

Gordo:
What was the response when you took the car back asking for it to be done correctly, pointing out you told them the rear arms had been replaced and would need adjustment?
If they agree to do it correctly, with an apology, at their cost - no problem and you may like to post their details with a note that they made a mistake and redeemed it - still shouldn't have happened as even in my day we would check the rear camber on an IRS vehicle as a matter of course.
If they don't correct their mistake or, worse, try to make light of it - then post their name. If they don't like it you have the printout to show they were negligent.

Pristle:
I have found one guy who does give a damn about his work. Colin of NOCAMS in East Tamaki. Very particular and methodical, but very good and honest.

The only negative is his insistence of no one in the workshop area. Perhaps because of C19 restrictions.

user2154:

--- Quote from: Gordo on September 04, 2022, 09:58:27 am ---What was the response when you took the car back asking for it to be done correctly, pointing out you told them the rear arms had been replaced and would need adjustment?
If they agree to do it correctly, with an apology, at their cost - no problem and you may like to post their details with a note that they made a mistake and redeemed it - still shouldn't have happened as even in my day we would check the rear camber on an IRS vehicle as a matter of course.
If they don't correct their mistake or, worse, try to make light of it - then post their name. If they don't like it you have the printout to show they were negligent.

--- End quote ---

I haven't yet but will give them a call when I get the time. I'm not one to name and shame but hopefully they will agree to fix it.

user2154:

--- Quote from: Pristle on September 04, 2022, 09:43:00 pm ---I have found one guy who does give a damn about his work. Colin of NOCAMS in East Tamaki. Very particular and methodical, but very good and honest.

The only negative is his insistence of no one in the workshop area. Perhaps because of C19 restrictions.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that, if it doesn't work out I will consider driving all the way over there, steering wheel misalignment triggers my OCD :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version