Giltrap Prestige S6 crash

Started by Bullseye, October 24, 2006, 09:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenT

What a plonker.
He must have been fair hauling to stuff it up that bad.
A salesman down here did the same thing in a new Touareg a while back. The engine was ripped from the vehicle!

Bullseye

Akl rumour mill is saying it rolled 6 times and it was his mate in the car, on a bend any reasonable car can take at 100kph????
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

Turbo

Quote from: GlenT on October 24, 2006, 12:53:47 PM
What a plonker.
He must have been fair hauling to stuff it up that bad.
A salesman down here did the same thing in a new Touareg a while back. The engine was ripped from the vehicle!

there were two passengers, only one got injured. both driver and other passenger were unharmed.
cops said if it hadn't been an audi they would all be dead.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: Bullseye on October 24, 2006, 01:53:38 PM
Akl rumour mill is saying it rolled 6 times and it was his mate in the car, on a bend any reasonable car can take at 100kph????

The rumor I heard was, he hit/tried to avoid a parked car at well over 100km/h.

hitmanGTI

1.8t

Quote from: Spinner on October 24, 2006, 04:13:38 PM
bloody Audi interfering with natural selection again!!!!!

haha so true, in other news saw a new s6 sedan today, from behind looked very similar to a std a6, i guess the old one did too though.
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

Turbo

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

hitmanGTI

In Cheesey Game Show Host Voice

"Alrighty People! Its that time again!!. Time to play..!!" "GUESS WHOS NOT COMING TO WORK ON MONDAY!!"

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

OOOO

Whose going to buy the wreck to put the engine in a race car?
2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

rambo_005

Quote from: OOOO on October 25, 2006, 06:27:47 PM
Whose going to buy the wreck to put the engine in a race car?

That's what I was thinking! >:D

gti vr6

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on October 25, 2006, 05:55:04 PM

:o

Go the roof chop!

Poor bugger

Silly bugger!!
Maybe he should stick to pulic transport for a while...
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

Simon MkII

Aparently the whole thing is pretty much stuffed, whole engine ripped from it's mounts wtc..  :-\
Mazda Mx5

gti vr6

1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

AndyS

GP dropped off a new S6 wagon tonight while her car gets serviced, the salesman said it was a sedan the guy rolled and that there are several wagons in the country, including one for Richard Giltrap, so obviously the article wasn't exactly right.  It's a pretty cool car, fast but doesn't handle as well as the RS6 despite the torque split biased towards the rear.  It's a bit softer, a bit more pitch and roll that the RS doesn't have with the DRC.  Still a bloody nice car though, the front seats are very very supportive, very comfortable.  It's a bit longer than the old model so there is more leg room in the back too.  It is packed full of toys which I think Audi's been a bit late on.  Keyless entry, start and stop buttons, reversing camera which superimposes a line the car will take, handy when turning.  MMI too which means the cabin looks pretty tidy as opposed to the old model with buttons everywhere.  It's black and has tinted windows and looks very cool!  The V10 really growls too, although not like the RS6 and 4.  If you get the chance to steal - drive - one, take it  :D

feelou

QuoteIt's a bit softer, a bit more pitch and roll that the RS

Don't agree fully with that - I drove the new S6 and the RS6 back-to-back last July in Europe, and found the S6 a horribly harsh ride. The S6's suspension was too firm and the car was very busy on uneven surfaces. The RS6 felt softer and more composed thanks to DRC - here I agree, the DRC gives better less pitch and roll control.

It might be that Audi has tuned the NZ S6to account for rougher roads and made it a bit softer. But I wouldn't enjoy a 2-hours cross-country trip in the one I drove. Shakes your back to bits.

Pepper

Where has the wreck gone to? That would be a nice transplant for someone in a shed to work on...

Pristle

Quote from: Turbo on October 25, 2006, 04:08:29 PM
whoops.

I flipped and cartwheeled my 'Santana'  back in '95 after hitting a mound of gravel at about 100kph, I could drive it (a bit crab like I know) when it was back on it's wheels. I'd suggest a bit more than 100 for this one.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Pepper on November 19, 2006, 01:39:49 AM
Where has the wreck gone to? That would be a nice transplant for someone in a shed to work on...

its at turners going to be sold at the d.v. auctions soon beeker posted up the links elsewhere on this website