Author Topic: Giltrap Prestige S6 crash  (Read 5542 times)

AndyS

Re: Giltrap Prestige S6 crash
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 09:58:13 pm »
GP dropped off a new S6 wagon tonight while her car gets serviced, the salesman said it was a sedan the guy rolled and that there are several wagons in the country, including one for Richard Giltrap, so obviously the article wasn't exactly right.  It's a pretty cool car, fast but doesn't handle as well as the RS6 despite the torque split biased towards the rear.  It's a bit softer, a bit more pitch and roll that the RS doesn't have with the DRC.  Still a bloody nice car though, the front seats are very very supportive, very comfortable.  It's a bit longer than the old model so there is more leg room in the back too.  It is packed full of toys which I think Audi's been a bit late on.  Keyless entry, start and stop buttons, reversing camera which superimposes a line the car will take, handy when turning.  MMI too which means the cabin looks pretty tidy as opposed to the old model with buttons everywhere.  It's black and has tinted windows and looks very cool!  The V10 really growls too, although not like the RS6 and 4.  If you get the chance to steal - drive - one, take it  :D

feelou

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 01:50:09 pm »
It's a bit softer, a bit more pitch and roll that the RS

Don't agree fully with that - I drove the new S6 and the RS6 back-to-back last July in Europe, and found the S6 a horribly harsh ride. The S6's suspension was too firm and the car was very busy on uneven surfaces. The RS6 felt softer and more composed thanks to DRC - here I agree, the DRC gives better less pitch and roll control.

It might be that Audi has tuned the NZ S6to account for rougher roads and made it a bit softer. But I wouldn't enjoy a 2-hours cross-country trip in the one I drove. Shakes your back to bits.

Pepper

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 01:39:49 am »
Where has the wreck gone to? That would be a nice transplant for someone in a shed to work on...

Offline Pristle

• vyf ster
  • ##
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 11:57:35 am »
whoops.

I flipped and cartwheeled my 'Santana'  back in '95 after hitting a mound of gravel at about 100kph, I could drive it (a bit crab like I know) when it was back on it's wheels. I'd suggest a bit more than 100 for this one.

hitmanGTI

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 11:51:32 am »
Where has the wreck gone to? That would be a nice transplant for someone in a shed to work on...

its at turners going to be sold at the d.v. auctions soon beeker posted up the links elsewhere on this website