Author Topic: Now the 100 has been sold....  (Read 2391 times)

1oldAudi

Now the 100 has been sold....
« on: November 14, 2006, 05:03:49 pm »
i have a couple of tools i made that might be of interest to other backyarders who have 'ole 100s and need to keep 'em alive. The 1st is an extended hex nut drive to allow you to remove the shock cartridge from the top of either front struts without having to jack the car up, taking the strut out etc. Basically you work from inside the engine bay.

The other is an engine locking tool that lets you stop the crank rotating so you can undo that HUGE and TIGHT lower pulley crank bolt without fear of breking the crank (with a rattle gun, or tearing those tiny teeth off ring-gear by jamming screwdrivers in there) and do a CAMBELT CHANGE.

Both tools are 'KIWI' copies of the genuine thing. Not pretty but they work.

If anyone is interested please ask me to post a piccie and you can decide if you can give 'em a home...

Cost? If you're willing to pay the price i paid for the tensile hex bolt, they're yours... ($20)

Cheers, Pete

Offline Duncan

Re: Now the 100 has been sold....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:24:03 am »
Would the crank pulley tool suit a 90Q (KV engine)?

Look anything like this:
http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/crank-lock.htm

chch90Q from this thread:
http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,4801.0.html

is looking for one. And may be cheaper to buy yours than to ship mine back to Auckland.
Just a thought..!

Duncan

orggti

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:03:00 pm »
Actually I would buy those tools if you dont want them chch90Q or if you want to sell them after you use them let me know. Tho Im not sure if 1oldaudi visits here any more?

cml52

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:02:50 pm »
sorry, and yes, i would like to buy them, but i'm intending to share it to all vasker. as long as they return , or i'm happy to sell it after i have finished them.

1oldAudi

[OK everyone] Re: Audi 100 homemade tools....
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:04:22 pm »
will get some decent photos up on the site as soon as i've chance.

Basically i've machined a chunk of steel shaft that inserts into the pully and has a hole through it that clears the socket need needed to drive the bolthead.

Onto this steel insert a 1/4" thick steel plate bolts with 3x 8mm bolts. The engine needs to be turned over to line up a bolt hole in the block to insert a long hex drive bolt through the plate, ana a standoff i've made.

orggti

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 08:25:51 am »
I would like to keep them after you have used them chch90 as I work as a mechanic and will use them on and off, I would also share with other Vaskers tho. If you want to keep them thats fine too tho as i can always make myself one.

cml52

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 09:21:27 am »
good news, i took the crankshaft bolt off yesterday , wasn't too bad, as long as you have the right tool. will post some photo on web later, so orggti , you can have the tool.

Offline Pushbutton_auto

• ##
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 11:37:12 am »
so what was the right tool ?        :police:
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

cml52

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 03:01:13 pm »
"right tool" means something which is purposely made to fit that crankroller.
i used a 2x2 inch square pipe

orggti

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 05:54:00 pm »
Thanks, Ill send 1oldaudi a pm.

1oldAudi

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 09:00:34 pm »
OK here's a link to a better quality version of a picture of the tools. Remember they work so the fact they are not pretty is secondary! Link______

http://tinyurl.com/yy5hwg

orggti

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 07:08:44 pm »
Can I get them off you? Im happy to pay $20 and the postage or I can pick up in auckland. They look fine.

1oldAudi

Re: Tools *SOLD*
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 10:00:31 am »
To orggti

orggti

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 07:14:17 pm »
Thanks  :) send me a pm or let me know how i can get them and pay you.

orggti

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 05:36:33 pm »
Hi thanks I have received them now they look good. do you think i should shorten the three bolts so they do up tight? or do they need to be loose like that?
 Also could you explain or somehow show in photos or something how exactly the other strut replacement tool works. I cant figure it out how the hell you could replace a strut insert without taking the whole thing out? Look forward to your reply and thanks for sending them and making them available so cheap.