Air con charge valve locations

Started by hartster, December 06, 2006, 10:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartster

I need to regas the air con in the 100Q, but can only find one of the charge (refill) valves (on the left front of the condensor). There should be another somewhere, ETKA says 'quantity 2', but I can't find it. Don't really want to pull the car apart to try and find it. Anyone got any ideas where the second refill valve is? Thanks.

wilco

yeah its somewhere weird like down by the compressor.  I had a 100CD gassed a few years back and remember looking for it for a while.  Maybe it was under the plenum cover?  I forget exactly but definitely in the engine bay.  One was right in front under the radiator cover.

Good luck.

hartster

I found out through the Mitchell Repair system that the R134A system only has one recharge valve, the one on the front of the condensor.

wilco

Yeah? My 200T definitely had two, a high pressure side and low pressure side from memory.
Oh well, if they say so....

orggti

who did you get to regas it and how much did it cost? My 200 needs regasing again, it leaks like crazy tho and the compressors shot i have another i could fit tho if I can be botherered after I finally get round to doing the clutch again.

hartster

My refrigeration engineer mate did it, cost me a crate of waikato. It was only the one recharge valve as Mitchells said, and now I've got coooool air just in time for the crape xmas weather  >:(