Liquid steel

Started by orggti, December 12, 2006, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orggti

;D I love this stuff, my girls mk1 GX 1.5 carby model has 4 permanent repairs using this stuff. the first was from the old rust flakes in the fuel tank. A common problem with mk 1s. I couldnt be stuffed pulling all the rear suspention and brakes and stuff so just drilled a hole in the tank and everything ran out including all the rust, i seized it a few times and  then pluged the hole with Kneadit and its been fine for 3 years now.
Ive also fixed the small crack in the radiator and reattached a strap holding it together (its an radiator shop made brass tanked radiator, not a plastic one) and i pluged a small hole in the intake manifold where the casting was so thin it had a hole there! Took me a while to find hat air leak!
And finally just about to leave rotorua after noticing a petrol smell on the way down but not being able to find anything, it really started to stink and i quickly found the fuel pump had started leaking round where its pressed together over the diafram (carby remember) and it was really leaking now. drove it too nearest shop and bought more liquid steel and smeared it all round the flange and hey presto no leaking. Ya gotta love it :D car pulls 80mph overtaking trucks in fith gear going up slight hills before you can bat an eye and is so smooth and fuss free doing it its only doing about 4500 rpm doing that :P its insane and uses no gas almost :o love those reliable points driven carby 1.5s they just never cease to amaze me as to how damn good and reliable they are. It gets through every wof almost and gets her to work 6 days a week and its 23 years old. A mk1 four door model with all the steel bright work and crome hub caps and wheel trims and all the good cloth and stuff has to be a real over looked classic i recon.