mufflers

Started by riki16v, March 04, 2005, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riki16v

Im looking at changing the muffler on my 16v gti because right now it has a huge japanese one on it and sounds like crap. ;
has anybody out there got a good second hand one or what do you guys reccomend using

??? cheers

RS ZWEI

Your talking rear mufflers?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

riki16v

robh

you may be best to try one of the exhaust workshops that have a range of rear boxes and will custom fit it to your car, not as expensive as it sounds.

dubstar might be able to advise you a good place in Auckland, he had a couple of goes at getting his "right"
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

riki16v

dubstar?? any advice :-\

likegolf88

Quote from: richie16v on March 04, 2005, 05:45:15 PM
Im looking at changing the muffler on my 16v gti because right now it has a huge japanese one on it and sounds like crape. ;
has anybody out there got a good second hand one or what do you guys reccomend using

??? cheers

You have my empathy as mine sounds like arse too!  :-[ and they make no improvment on proformance either.... Dubstar? any advice?

morimori

How about "ANSA" end muffler ? My friend advised me that ANSA is not noisy and huge. :)

dubstar

Okay, okay, i'll share the secret.

I had a system made (downpipe back) at Wolff mufflers.  Its 2.25 inch and has two Coby bullet mufflers in the centre and a straight through muffler at the end with a twin pipe tip.  The guys at Wolff are awesome and only charged me about $250 for the mufflers and labour, the tip I got from work.

If you were feeling flush you could invest in a miltek (sorry for giving miltek a plug on THIS forum)
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

RS ZWEI

I have a Mk1 GTI so basicly the same engine, my exhaust is made up of a Coby bullet muffler and a rear muffler off an HSV that I found in the workshop at Dads work.
It sounds good.

Just go to an exhaust shop tell them that you want a new rear sporty muffler and get a nice tip for it.
Someone on Trademe will buy your bling, bling.
;)
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Period_Correct_

i'm keeping my DrainPipe...  :( ... till i can afford a DTM
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

bsting

Quote from: NasTnaS on March 07, 2005, 02:13:56 PM
i'm keeping my DrainPipe...? :( ... till i can afford a DTM

Bin the Bazooka, and go rear single Bullet.