Fuel Dristibutor

Started by 1joe, January 09, 2007, 06:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1joe

Has anyone got a fuel distributor of an 1800cc motor lying around? The boy is having a bit of trouble with his car. Have tried pumps changed filters etc so this is the last thing to try. The local wrecker here wants 2 hundi for one, which if it's not the problem it's a lot to gamble with!!

qta4

Tell us why you need a fuel distributor.
What problems are you having?
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

1joe

Because it runs like a bag of bums & it's not electrical or fuel pump.
When you crank the engine over it forces the disc downward. When you hold the disc up it will start & run.

Period_Correct_

Quote from: Peter on January 09, 2007, 10:23:38 PM
When you crank the engine over it forces the disc downward. When you hold the disc up it will start & run.

you've got Vac leaks... maybe  ???
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

1joe

vwrally

Have you checked the valve clearances??

Period_Correct_

i've got a spare 1 tho, if you want Pm me
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

cpncrash

Quote from: Peter on January 09, 2007, 10:23:38 PM

Have you solved It??

From my experience they pull down when you have the air intake pipe off an you are trying to start it - try holding it up an running the car for while sometimes if you have been doing work on the fuel lines an air bubble can get in there an it just needs a bit of pressure to pull it through, also the bolt that holds the main fuel line into the metering head has a mini fuel filter in it to collect any crap that is in the system when it was built - this is supposed to be removed after xxxkms but often is not - try replacing the bolt with one that does not have the mini filter if this has not been done already

Just my thoughts

orggti

Captcrash is onto it ;)
Have you compression tested it? and after trying to start it without touching anything pull a plug out and see if its wet with fuel or dry. What about leads and plugs and fuel filter? They can make it still start but run like a bag of bums.