THE JETTA IS ON THE ROAD

Started by GLIDN, March 11, 2005, 10:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLIDN

The car is going .But i think the K-jet the previous owner did not tune it properly.

Is there any one that can help ??

Thanks
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

RS ZWEI

Quote from: dubbed on March 11, 2005, 10:07:47 AM
The car is going .But i think the K-jet the previous owner did not tune it properly.

Is there any one that can help ??

Thanks

Jem, (orggti) should be your man Id say.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

dubstar

Have you pulled it apart and cleaned it?  Make sure you also have a new fuel filter fitted.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

GLIDN

Hey dubstar no have not done any of that yet. It is just that the car if anymore the a light acceleration and put the car clutch in or go to stop, the car will just cut out. So the idle has to be reset, I'm hoping. But yeah go to platinum for the fuel filter and service goodies ??
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

dubstar

Quote from: dubbed on March 11, 2005, 11:04:02 AM
Hey dubstar no have not done any of that yet. It is just that the car if anymore the a light acceleration and put the car clutch in or go to stop, the car will just cut out. So the idle has to be reset, I'm hoping. But yeah go to platinum for the fuel filter and service goodies ??

It soumds like you have an intake leak.  Do the old hose to ear trick.

I would definitely replace the fuel filter, if its blocked up, you'll screw your system (it runs at some ridiculously high pressure/flow rate).  You can try platinum for the service parts, but repco has the fuel filter (RFF-5, IIRC) and Champion gold spark plugs (I use RN7YX).  I'd get a Mann oil filter (from platinum) though, they have the valves that repco ones are missing
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

RS ZWEI

Quote from: dubstar on March 11, 2005, 11:46:39 AM

It soumds like you have an intake leak.? Do the old hose to ear trick.

I would definitely replace the fuel filter, if its blocked up, you'll screw your system (it runs at some ridiculously high pressure/flow rate).? You can try platinum for the service parts, but repco has the fuel filter (RFF-5, IIRC) and Champion gold spark plugs (I use RN7YX).? I'd get a Mann oil filter (from platinum) though, they have the valves that repco ones are missing

I had an air leak from the intake of my Mk1, it was the pipe that comes off the front of the inlet man. But check them all out. Also have a look at the rotor to see if thats ok as well.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

likegolf88

I read once that a good clean out of the idle stabilisation valve was helpful too. However im not sure if its too applacable here.