Mk4 Owners - Your cars please

Started by RS ZWEI, March 03, 2007, 11:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo_005

Yep mine is a Jap import, though I have removed all bar one of the obvious signs :D

elliott2705

enlighten me, what are they? are there many nz new boras, or the 20v version of mine in nz?

rambo_005

Quote from: elliott2705 on July 19, 2010, 10:36:49 PM
enlighten me, what are they? are there many nz new boras, or the 20v version of mine in nz?

1 NZ new Bora - a green 2000 10V V5 auto evaluation car. Then was two UK spec manual 150hp TDIs also, but they were registered overseas so technically used imports.

Plenty of 20V V5s around, easiest ways to tell a 20V: 2001+, tiptronic trans (rather than auto on 10V) and the red '5' in the V5 badges.

Telltale Jap import signs: US/Jap narrow number plate recesses and holders, bendy aerial fitting, minidisc or navigation headunits, window monsoons and lastly Japanese stickers on windows, in engine bay, on boot lid, in door openings, and on sun visors. ;D

elliott2705

yea my monsoons are on the to do list, they drive me mad! Oh ok, good to know, i'll work my way through them.

4motioning

03 Vr6 4motion Golf

50mm H&R springs
Gruven adjustable lower control arms
Lightweight fly wheel
suchs clutch
Vortex side skirts
Black VW badges
Phatnoise Phatbox mp3 system
K&N
Carbon fiber wrapped interior trim
Hella black out tail lights
Milltek cat back (ordered)

Projects:
Cold air duct to standard  airbox
Joey mod headlights
Full vinyl wrap
Black out the rims
High flow cats

loving it!  >:D
mk6 Golf R
03 Mk4 Golf V6 4Motion

VeeDub

Nice! Don't you have to cert it to run spacers?

80 Vert

2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

4motioning

mk6 Golf R
03 Mk4 Golf V6 4Motion

mk4king

Quote from: magnem on February 25, 2008, 08:59:50 PM
Some photos of my golf.

Cleaning those wheels is a bitch!

Mate your one is not too bad, I use toothbrush to clean these tiny screws all around my standard 16 inch bbs rims, good outcome though.

Love your R32, looking so nice!

isnowi

Well after selling my polo i thought that i might have been cured, alas i've just bought another black vw.

This one is a mk4 wagon, highline with leather etc, jap import, 1.8t with 5 speed tiptronic.

It is the missuss' car in reality but that doesn't stop me from 'improving' it.

Initial plans are cambelt, WP, tensioners, and gearbox service. Also needs a bloody good clean...
Possibly followed by some lowerage and wheelage, (although the chin already scrapes on my driveway)
Feels a whole lot quicker than my old a4 was , lighter car plus no awd i guess... still i might have a fiddel after everything mentioned above is sorted, i'm thinking new downpipe 2.5" or 3", new inlet pipe and filter to the turbo, and perhaps a reflash.
1985 Subaru Brumby
2003 Golf Variant Highline

Iwidie

Just joined this forum, I own a 2000 Golf Gti manual. With sunroof. Done around 152,000kms. Used to drive a Mk3 Golf GLi 2.0  Now want to look for a replacement which is similar to this but newer version. Very hard to look for a manual + sunroof..

Maaark4

my GTi. my first euro, nice lil' cars to drive!

lowered on FK AK coiloverrs/springs. was supposed to lower 60mm, but only went 45mm  >:(

03 Mk4 Golf V6

Poonmobile

Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Harlet

Hey everyone,

Bought my first Euro for my birthday last year for my daily driver as my twin turbo Legnum was too expensive to run everyday.  Managed to score a great deal on a 1999 Golf GTI.  Sadly she is an auto (although this is probably a good thing as I already have a track car project underway) have already done 10,000km's in it in 6 months with no major issues.  She is completely stock.  I am considering getting some lowering suspension and a new downpipe in from overseas in the coming months to help with the handling and performance (as much as an auto box will let me ;D)

Here's a couple of photos

And this is my Jap mobile track car that is sapping all my spare coin atm (although an Audi turbo is being fitted to it :D ::))

Lee B

Hi,

picked up my GTI a couple of weeks ago. 2001, 110k on the clock. Came with the 18s and a Cox 2.5" cat back.

I got a Milltek dump pipe put on it along with an ITG filter and an APR re-tune. Very angry little car now!!

cheers

Lee
2001 Golf GTI
Turbo back exhaust, ITG filter, APR tune
Christchurch

coons

Nice man! Love the RS4 wheels and colour coded valances

Lee B

Thanks! Tossing up whether to take off the rain shields - tempted to but getting the adhesive off cleanly is a pain in the ass!
2001 Golf GTI
Christchurch

slowmo

Quote from: leebutts on January 31, 2011, 11:33:16 AM
Thanks! Tossing up whether to take off the rain shields - tempted to but getting the adhesive off cleanly is a pain in the ass!

nice car and nice mods. unfortunately some of them may not just be glued on but bolted on?

since mk4 golfs in silver are so common, swap doors..? :D
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

Lee B

Quote from: slowmo on January 31, 2011, 11:35:21 AM
nice car and nice mods. unfortunately some of them may not just be glued on but bolted on?
since mk4 golfs in silver are so common, swap doors..? :D

These ones look glued (they're factory ones by the look of the logos) so should be ok. New doors is always an option though :)
2001 Golf GTI
Christchurch

M

Quote from: leebutts on January 30, 2011, 04:38:24 PM
Hi,

picked up my GTI a couple of weeks ago. 2001, 110k on the clock. Came with the 18s and a Cox 2.5" cat back.

I got a Milltek dump pipe put on it along with an ITG filter and an APR re-tune. Very angry little car now!!

cheers

Lee

I would have to say this is one of the cleanest Mk4's I have seen. Goes great now too with the APR tune in it.  ;D

Cheers,
Barry.
Too much power is almost enough.